Returning Controller to Store?

Discussion in 'PS4 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by LegendAssassinF, Dec 3, 2013.

1. LegendAssassinF
    OP

LegendAssassinF GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 12, 2012
    United States
    Princeton, New Jersey
    My DS4 started getting stuck I wanted to know if it was possible just to return to the store and get a refund?

2. geishroy

geishroy Suspended

Suspended
    Dec 10, 2008
    United States
    Did you buy one separate or is it the one that came with the system? You should just go buy a new one and return it in the box. Tell them it was defective

3. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    so he will need to waste money to get his "money" back?

for OP:
    you can send just the controller to the store, when i delivered my 3ds for the warranty, i did bring the box and all the stuff, but they said it was better just to send the console without any acessories

4. LegendAssassinF
    OP

Dec 12, 2012
    United States
    Princeton, New Jersey

I brought an extra one.

5. LegendAssassinF
    OP

Dec 12, 2012
    United States
    Princeton, New Jersey

It was an extra controller so could I just return it for a refund since it is less than 7 days?

6. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    in my country stores say "15 days return" but in european laws, you have 2 years of warranty

7. geishroy

geishroy Suspended

Suspended
    Dec 10, 2008
    United States

i wouldn't really call it wasting, you are going to get all your money back including the tax so it does not matter.

To OP:
    unless you bought this at a small shop or something, typically you can take back any item to a major retailer for an exchange (usually 30 days after purchase, some are 15, some are 90). If you do not have your receipt you may have to let them use your state issued ID when you return/exchange the item. Most retailers will do this to prevent individuals from stealing an item at one store or buying a lower priced item at a store and taking it back to another store for profit. I believe Wal-mart and Target allow 3 non receipt exchanges per year for an individual. If you do not have your receipt and you are to young for an ID then have your parents do it. Sorry if you are older.

8. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    Getting stuck? If you mean L1 or R1 button it is a common issue and there is an easy fix. get yourself some WD40 and optionally some rubbing alcohol, and a Qtip.

9. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    It depends on the stores return policy, but if it's less than 7 days since you bought it you can take it back and either get a refund or have it switched out for a new one.

10. lordofthereef

lordofthereef GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 9, 2013
    United States
    Boston, MA
    The only large store that I can think of that has a 30 day return policy on electronics anymore is Toys R US. Everyone else; Best Buy, Wal Mart, Target, K Mart are all on 15 days. Just a heads up.