LunarRXA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey folks,

I used to post here many years ago. I2aven's_Sage became I2aven's Sag and I couldn't live with that, unsurprisingly?! So, out with the old and in with the new. I'm in my early 30's now and in a much better mental headspace than when I was younger; meditation, working out, much better social groups & friends. Recently, I realized that I much prefer message-boards to Reddit. They're a much better middle-grounds, and while I still check a few subs that interest me, there's almost zero fear of missing out. I don't think upvotes/downvotes are particularly conducive to good mental health. I've been much happier taking a step back from everything and focusing on connecting with various people's in my communities.

I've dropped off social media almost entirely recently, and I'm much happier for it. It did take some getting used to, but I have a much better sense who my friends are and who matters! My main game is mostly Guild Wars 2, an MMORPG, but I'm looking to branch out a bit. I recently picked up BitMapBook's "A Guide to Japanese Roleplaying Games," and am eager to make some headway. There's a first look at GW2's next expansion on 7/27, but it's still a month out. Reading about how games have changed since the 1980's; how series have evolved, gameplay, graphics, stories, music, localization, publishers & general appeal is fascinating to me. I've always enjoyed learning about the various game series/trilogies out there!

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
meditation, working out, much better social groups & friends.
I've been much happier taking a step back from everything and focusing on connecting with various people's in my communities.
have a much better sense who my friends are and who matters
Very good. You have made great strides in maturing your personality. But be careful not to fall back on the mistakes of the past. Never cut completely but never sink completely either. Always keep some distance, from social media especially.
"In medio stat Virtus"
Good luck

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Welcome back!

I too dropped Reddit actually managed to get banned... but the trolling on subreddits were at least good enough to get 1000k+ down votes :rofl2:

Reactions: Horvi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu