return to usbloader gx after playing a wii title?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by eriol33, Aug 17, 2016.

1. eriol33
    OP

eriol33 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    hello, everytime I finished playing a wii title through usb loader gx, I will be directed to the wii's nand channels. is there any way to redirect it to the usb loader gx?

2. cebolleto

cebolleto GBAtemp Regular

Mar 5, 2010
    You need to install the channel on your nand

3. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    That would be the forwarder channel. Don't use the old USB Loader GX channel. It's no longer maintained.

4. r3dxk1ng

r3dxk1ng Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2016
    United States
    what is the proper way to use/install the forwarder channel cuz when I installed it all I get is a black screen upon launching it. I am 4.3e and have iOS 249 and 250 installed.

5. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Make sure you installed the v5.1 forwarder for the proper console (Wii or vWii), you have IOS58, and that you don't have the full USB Loader GX channel installed. (It has a "c" after its version on the credts screen.)

Also, don't post the same issue in multiple threads.

6. r3dxk1ng

r3dxk1ng Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2016
    United States
    Ok my apologies on posting the same issue on 2 threads won't happen again. I did install the 5.1 forwarder for wii and not vwii from this page https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/. I am not sure if its the full channel though or not as every time I try to run it/load it all I get is a black screen. Also, How do I check what IOS's I have installed? I was under the impression that if you are on 4.3 that IOS58 comes installed with it? Should I just do a system check and post it?

EDIT: I tried to run a syscheck to post the results but I get the following error message: "failed to get the stored TMD size for IOS56"

Last edited by r3dxk1ng, Aug 25, 2016
  7. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    It sounds like you have something wrong with your NAND. Follow the instructions in the SysCheck post about disabling that IOS so it can finish the report.

8. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    I not sure if I have the forwarder or what bit there's aconfiguration to return to loader / home menu/ etc, look there on the options

9. r3dxk1ng

r3dxk1ng Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2016
    United States
    Done. I skipped the IOS56 since it was causing me issues. What do you make of my syscheck? If have to install missing IOS's (58) I can use d2x-cios-installer for that correct? What settings would I use to install that IOS?

10. r3dxk1ng

r3dxk1ng Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2016
    United States
    I have done that(Changed return to USB loader GX) and it just gives me a black screen.

11. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    oh hmmm with every game? never happened to me

12. r3dxk1ng

r3dxk1ng Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2016
    United States
    Yea it happens with every game. Do you have IOS58 installed because I don't think I do based on my system check although from what I understand it SHOULD be included with 4.3U which I do have so I don't understand what is wrong. Do you know how I can install it using d2x-cios-installer (or any other way of installing it for that matter) and what settings to use?

13. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    You can make an IOS58 wad with ModMii and use a mod manager to install it. The forwarder needs it as does Nintendont any quite a few other homebrew apps.

14. r3dxk1ng

r3dxk1ng Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2016
    United States
    Ok I will try that thanks but shouldn't I already have 58 being that im on 4.3U? Were you able to see my system check? any insight on what is wrong?

15. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    I'm not sure what's wrong. Yes, IOS58 should have been installed with 4.3 but if the console was updated outside of Nintendo's system it could have been missed. I'm not sure what's wrong with your IOS56 but if it's giving an error about the TMD (title metadata) file then it's probably corrupted. AFAIK a number of games use 56 when launched from retail disc.

16. r3dxk1ng

r3dxk1ng Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2016
    United States
    Understood. Thank you for the explanation. Is there anyway for me to fix and/or re-install IOS56?

17. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    You can download it with ModMii, too. Untouched system IOSes are on download page 1. ("56" and "58")

18. r3dxk1ng

r3dxk1ng Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2016
    United States
    Ok after (re)installing 56 and and installing 58 using modmii my USB Loader Gx now functions properly and I can do system check without having to skip an IOS and I don't get any errors. When loading GX from the channel using the forwarder I no longer get a black screen and when setting "return to" USB Gx loader after exiting a game it goes back to Gx USB loader. My issue has now been resolved! Thank you very much for your help GreyWolf! I hope this thread is of help to someone else who has the same problem in the future!

GreyWolf likes this.