Homebrew Retroarch Won’t Load...Help?!

Oo_Ice_Deep_oO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been able to get this to work for the Wii so far. First and this might be obvious to the rest of you, but was news to me. The cores that are provided on the retroarch site are the same for the Wii and the WIIU. Same size to the bit. (I was using comparison tools to verify.

So when downloading from retroarch for the Wii, the zip file just has a folder of cores. Normally on the SD card we have a folder called apps (which all homebrew apps go into and a subfolder called retroarch or retroarch

I am having trouble with Retroarch 1.8.5 for the Wii as well. Downloading the zip from retroarch, all it had in it was a folder called cores. This is different from the past and I am not sure fully what to do with it. The Wii U and Wii cores are identical to the bit. (Surprise for me, but others here might have known this). So, what to do with all of these cores? In the past you have a boot.dol which is the main retroarch loader for homebrew and it let's you load the other cores in (or you could start with a single core if you knew how, but even if I change the core names to boot.elf and put them in their own failure. Some of them black screen, some don't show up, some return right back to the homebrew menu and one even says this is not a wii homebrew application after homebrew tries to load it. So, if anyone actually knows how to make these work I would be surprised, something is wrong with the files provided in download, either they are the wrong files or there are pieces missing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wow, so all my trouble last night and after I posted this, I went back to retroarch and redownloaded. The download is completely different. It has everything that it was missing before. I will let you guys know what happens after I do some tests.

A couple of notes, the wiiu and wii ones are no longer the same size with the new download package. The wii user interface works again getting into retroarch, but as far as I can tell all the Final Burn Alpha cores are broken, there is another thread where Wiimpathy has his build that let's us play the largest Neo Geo games and he and some other people have been discussing the FBA emulators being broken for Wii

Drbadass

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like some good process...but not perfection yet. That’s part of the trick with the nightly builds. You never know what status the software is in when you pick it up and start trying to get it to work. Good luck, keep at it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"