Canada

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DOSBox all the way ploggy!!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can anybody give me an answer on how to get the backgrounds to work on xmb, i set the assets up but i get a white screen with white lettering.

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DOSBox all the way ploggy!!!

Can anybody give me an answer on how to get the backgrounds to work on xmb, i set the assets up but i get a white screen with white lettering.
Copy all the files in the asset folder and paste it in the media folder the delete you cfg files.

Ok I'm thinking:

1.Dosbox
2.Commodore 64
3.Amiga
4.Amstrad
5.Atari ST
6.MSX
7.Stella
8.Game and Watch

What you guys think?

Last edited by ploggy,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Copy all the files in the asset folder and paste it in the media folder the delete you cfg files.
Yes and then start up retroarch again and goto set directories and set assets to media/assets once done I then changed dynamic wallpapers to on then after about 30 secs the background should show. At least that's what I had to do to get it working

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks good ploggy, I already did that for the assets folder, do i have to point it to dynamic backgrounds? Ok, i'll try that Marko76, thanks, its hard to see anything on retroarch with white on white

Last edited by wicksand420,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looks good ploggy, I already did that for the assets folder, do i have to point it to dynamic backgrounds? Ok, i'll try that Marko76, thanks, its hard to see anything on retroarch with white on white
Nah dont use dynamic backgrounds, it just slows the menu down. Actually, you can use the online updater option to download the asset folder directly.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nah dont use dynamic backgrounds, it just slows the menu down. Actually, you can use the online updater option to download the asset folder directly.
Ok I forgot to say to turn that off after the background shows as I said it was the only way I could get the background to show after switching it off again everything works perfectly.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no way to put my wii u online, I use my phone for internet. is there a way to make the background black so i can see, or even make my own background

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok I forgot to say to turn that off after the background shows as I said it was the only way I could get the background to show after switching it off again everything works perfectly.
The problem most people make is they put the "asset" folder in the media folder of the sd card, but all you need are the FILES from the asset folder and put THEM into the media folder of the sd card :)
I have no way to put my wii u online, I use my phone for internet. is there a way to make the background black so i can see, or even make my own background
If you just want to see a background for now you can change the "Menu Icon Theme" to do this go to "User Interface" then "Menu" then "Menu Icon Theme" and press Right.. that should change the theme. :)

Last edited by ploggy,

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Cool that's 4 for Dosbox so far. I'll wait for @Columbo2811 @Antonio Soler @wicksand420 to add their suggestions first Since they put money in :) and then we'll get a list going :)
I would kinda like Stella and game and watch as my top priority if it's even possible, but it doesn't really matter what order tbh. Not everyone's liking but I grew up with the Atari and had a few game and watch systems.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem most people make is they put the "asset" folder in the media folder of the sd card, but all you need are the FILES from the asset folder and put THEM into the media folder of the sd card :)

If you just want to see a background for now you can change the "Menu Icon Theme" to do this go to "User Interface" then "Menu" then "Menu Icon Theme" and press Right.. that should change the theme. :)
Fucking thank you ploggy, why cant anybody else say that. That worked right away, everybody else said to move the assets folder into media, they should have said move the contents of the assets folder into the media folder. Thank you ploggy!!!!

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fucking thank you ploggy, why cant anybody else say that. That worked right away, everybody else said to move the assets folder into media, they should have said move the contents of the assets folder into the media folder. Thank you ploggy!!!!
Your very welcome sir :)

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Lol, I think we all presumed you did that. Anyway it's all good for anyone else reading the thread with similar problem. Glad it's sorted.

Opoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Ok I'm thinking:

1.Dosbox
2.Commodore 64
3.Amiga
4.Amstrad
5.Atari ST
6.MSX

What you guys think?

Where's Stella in all this? No one should be sleeping on the 2600.

Unrelated, what's the most stable version we should be using right now if we don't care about the preliminary netplay support? I've reverted back to the 2017-05-22 builds but it seems like FB Alpha is crashing.

Last edited by Opoth,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would kinda like Stella and game and watch as my top priority if it's even possible, but it doesn't really matter what order tbh. Not everyone's liking but I grew up with the Atari and had a few game and watch systems.
Ok I edited the list... Is it ok now? :)

Where's Stella in all this? No one should be sleeping on the 2600.
added :)

I just need @Antonio Soler 's opinion and I can change the bounty list :)

Reactions: Columbo2811

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse