Retroarch on Android (SD card issue)

Divineheresy88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all

I've tried to reach out to Retroarch and they've yet to get back to me. I've got an S20 ultra that I wanna use as an emualtion phone but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to make my SD card show up on Retroarch; any other emulators I use doesn't seem to have this issue.

Anyone know what's going on with retroarch?

Ty!

Divineheresy88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe it's a "scoped storage" issue, looks like it was fixed in February, did you install the latest build? "Scoped storage" introduced in Android 11

I believe I have but i'll do an uninstall/reinstall of the latest versions to see if anything changes.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uninstalled/reinstalled and it did ask permission but still I don't see any way to view my SD card via retroarch
Sorry, I should have suggested try that "nightly" version with the fix, it might not be implemented in the normal release yet from what I can tell (this might be the case since this fix is fairly recent.)

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
One: Using newer versions of RetroArch does not mean that it's exclusive to use new version of cores.
You can totally use older versions of RetroArch and download current cores.

Two: RetroArch on mobile is a bit funky. It won't show directories as a computer does. Intead it'll show something like: storage/internalSD
or
storage/externalSD

(or something along those lines, can't remember as I only used RA on mobile once)

So be sure that "externalSD" is actually showing up in your directories.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1