Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know how to open game saves from mGBA on gpSP?

I've been playing Robopon 2 and it surfers slowdown during battles on mGBA and I was wanting to try to see if it ran faster on gpSP, but it won't load the save.

Is this possible? Or do they use different save types?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Does anybody know how to open game saves from mGBA on Gpsp?

I've been playing Robopon 2 and it surfers slowdown during battles on mGBA and I was wanting to try to see if it ran faster on Gpsp, but it won't load the save.

Is this possible? Or do they use different save types?
They should use the same type of save.
I use the same .sav from my GBA games I played in VBAGX and mGBA (Wii), and gpSP also recognizes those very same saves and loads them.
I have struggles with like two or three games like GS2 but perhaps I copied them wrong.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They should use the same type of save.
I use the same .sav from my GBA games I played in VBAGX and mGBA (Wii), and gpSP also recognizes those very same saves and loads them.
I have struggles with like two or three games like GS2 but perhaps I copied them wrong.
So I've tried opening games between the two and I still am not able to load a save done from the other emulator. I have no idea why this is and am not necessarily needing this done. But I honestly am so confused by this that I just have to figure it out now for my good conscious.

angelhp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@daxtsu I believe @angelhp is attempting to report the MAME cores as nonworking rather than nonpresent and something is being lost in the translation. The user reports after the "not found" remark that they get a black screen launching these cores. I get similar results here, with the 3dsxs for all of the "XML-required" cores (FBA Alpha, MAME 2000, MAME 2003) locking up before RGUI is able to launch. The bottom screen log locks up after the warning about calculating refresh rates, etc.

A handful of users have been reporting this issue for a week or so, I'm unsure as to whether other users are not experiencing the issue at all or simply haven't encountered it due to not running said cores. I've only just updated to the current nightly from the one I was using (about two weeks old) so I'm not sure when exactly this started.
Black screen since retroarch(Mame 2000-2003 FBA) build 10 november

trancepara

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mm. PocketSNES is a very nice core now. Tested in a few games and the sound effects are no longer busted.

Mm full speed Seiken Densetsu 3 without the buggy cursor sound. Great job!

~Tested on n3ds 10.1~

galaktb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is it normal that gpSP doesn't load .sav save files?

Edit: apparently I forgot I posted this exact same question yesterday

Last edited by galaktb,

trancepara

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So. It is PocketSNES that rules nowadays?

How is the compatibility compared to catsfc?
It can run special chip games like SMRPG at full speed. I think people were saying that it was having a little groveler trouble with Star Fox but I don't have that on my 3DS to test. This is assuming n3DS. I don't have an o3DS to test it.

Reactions: SLiV3R

kenseiden

i am overflow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding PocketSNES on o3DS: so far, the only game I found to consistently run fullspeed is Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon R. It's a decent beat-em-up, so I can't really complain, haha. (10.3 Ironhax/OoTHax, btw.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1