Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've tried FB Alpha, FB Alpha 2012, FBA-CSP1 and FBA-CSP2, but none seem to work... Is there a CSP3 core?
Try with fbalpha2012_libretro.
if you still can't run it, try with another romset, it's known that some romsets tend to not work with FBA, try a different one.
If that STILL doesn't work, then I'm afraid that FBA on libRetro for 3DS doesn't have enough power to run CPS3 ROMs.

drewby

Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
Try with fbalpha2012_libretro.
if you still can't run it, try with another romset, it's known that some romsets tend to not work with FBA, try a different one.
If that STILL doesn't work, then I'm afraid that FBA on libRetro for 3DS doesn't have enough power to run CPS3 ROMs.
It just goes to the Quick Menu without loading the rom. Is that a sign that it doesn't work?

drewby

Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
It's a sign that the ROM isn't compatible with the core.
Have you tried booting the ROM you have with Retroarch for Windows?
Just to see if the ROM has no issues.
I booted it using the MAME core in OpenEmu on Mac, but I also tried MAME on the 3DS and it doesn't work with MAME 2000 or MAME 2003.

abelxcane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gpsp crashes because of bugs in ist dynarec in all versions (as mentioned on nearly every page in this thread).
Unfortunately no one seems to be able to fix that or nobody wants to... It's really sad because gpsp would run pretty well, but it's useless right now.
I hope mgba will get a dynarec soon...

@aliaspider @LibretroRetroArc
I know you are working on the Wii U port these days, but could you please take a look at loading save states in Gambatte?? It crashes nearly every time and this bug was introduced many weeks ago... Thanks!!
I just played megaman zero for 1 hour and only got 1 crash while doing a save state. Most of the time the save state and load state function work fine for me.

abelxcane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to run Atari 5200 games through retroarch on 3ds? I saw where some people were able to get them to run on the android retroarch:

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forums/topic/28989-tutorial-android-atari-5200-retroarch-setup/
I don't think there is a 5200 emulator for 3ds on retroarch. A 2600 emulator was being developed but the person making it put it aside for now. If you want to try it here https://gbatemp.net/threads/preview-z26-3ds-atari-2600-emulator.397827/

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just played megaman zero for 1 hour and only got 1 crash while doing a save state. Most of the time the save state and load state function work fine for me.

Interesting... I tried many different games and save states load only in about 1 out of 10 tries, it crashes nearly every time... Do you have an O3DS or N3DS?? Perhaps it is an N3DS only issue, identical to gpsp dynarec!?

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Maybe you should tell us what build you're using, because just saying "it loads" or "it does not load" without this information means absolutely nothing.

abelxcane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting... I tried many different games and save states load only in about 1 out of 10 tries, it crashes nearly every time... Do you have an O3DS or N3DS?? Perhaps it is an N3DS only issue, identical to gpsp dynarec!?
Maybe you should tell us what build you're using, because just saying "it loads" or "it does not load" without this information means absolutely nothing.
I specified what version on page 251. With that version being 1.3.3 .cia and I am using a N3ds XL (Luma3ds). I also have a original 3ds running rxtools and 1.3.3 .cia and it saves states fine and loads them fine.

Last edited by abelxcane,

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I've said a few pages ago that I'm always refering to 1.3.6+ nightlies, which means every build after XML menu was added!

I specified what version on page 251. With that version being 1.3.3 .cia and I am using a N3ds XL (Luma3ds). I also have a original 3ds running rxtools and 1.3.3 .cia and it saves states fine and loads them fine.

Well of course, 1.3.3 stable runs perfectly. I was refering to the latest nightlies, see above.

Adventurer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been a while since I've played around with 3DS Retroarch, is it still considered optimal to use the 3dsx versions that need to be launched in the homebrew launcher? I remember the cia versions having speed issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte