Emulation Retroarch- Change Gamepad from player 1?

Whodat2345

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
So my issue is being able to change a different controller to port 1. As of right now I can only use the Gamepad. I have a classic controller set as port 2, I go into port 1 and change the “device index” to classic controller... And none of the buttons work. From this point I can’t even switch the “device index” back to the Gamepad, the only thing that works is pressing on the triggers/shoulders to reset retroarch on the Gamepad. I would just like to be able to play games with other controllers as player 1 and not the Gamepad. Any info is much appreciated, thank you!

Burgersim

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
So I'm guessing this has never been addressed? I have the same issue with my Ayaneo Geek and RetroArch, where the internal controler is recognized as input 1 and external gamepads as 2 and so forth, but when I deactivate the internal one and the external gamepad is input 1, RA doesn't recognize any inputs from that gamepad anymore...

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I'm guessing this has never been addressed? I have the same issue with my Ayaneo Geek and RetroArch, where the internal controler is recognized as input 1 and external gamepads as 2 and so forth, but when I deactivate the internal one and the external gamepad is input 1, RA doesn't recognize any inputs from that gamepad anymore...
Once in game you can re adjust Controller order ;)
When in game open the Quick Menu
Goto Controls
Goto Port 2 Controls
Change Mapped Port from 2 to 1
Go back in game and check if the Controller is now recognised as Player 1 ;)

Reactions: Ewpb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse