Hacking Retroarch 1.7.5 problem

Powerful

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2016
Messages
489
Trophies
0
Age
24
XP
1,548
Country
United States
So I have installed retroarch 1.7.5 (latest version) and it launches just fine. When I am at the main menu though all the places where icons should be is gibberish text. Everything else works 100% except when I have tried to update everything in retroarch including the assets. Everything else works fine except the assets. It goes to 48% and then back to 0, until failure. Not really sure how else to fix this gibberish text problem. I have also tried to use the XMB files provided in the tut, but no luck. I have retroarch installed on PC, Switch, and 3ds just fine. For some reason the Wii U just doesn’t want to cooperate...
 
Last edited by Powerful,

swiitness

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2007
Messages
199
Trophies
0
XP
799
Country
Bump for solution to this. I have no icons at all.

I have tried creating an "assets" folder and unzipped the contents into here, with no success.
 

ibroxgaz

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Jul 21, 2017
Messages
97
Trophies
0
Age
47
XP
300
Country
United Kingdom
Bump for solution to this. I have no icons at all.

I have tried creating an "assets" folder and unzipped the contents into here, with no success.

Have you made sure asset directory in retro arch is pointing at your asset folder, I had to change mine assets updated no problem after that.
 
  • Like
Reactions: swiitness
General chit-chat
Help Users
    kenenthk @ kenenthk: It was mostly onion potatoes and carrot