Hacking Retail NTSC game not working after softmod

dc5master

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. my apologies if this has been answered in many different threads but I did several searches and could not find a solution.

I softmodded my wii a while back in order to play back up games. My girlfriend recently purchased the new EA Wii Active game. When she puts it in the console it shows up fine on the desktop menu but when you hit start you get a black screen of death and nothing happens. Am I missing something here? Is it trying to update my firmware and my wii won't let it, hence not letting it play? Thanks for any info.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
dc5master said:
Hey guys. my apologies if this has been answered in many different threads but I did several searches and could not find a solution.

I softmodded my wii a while back in order to play back up games. My girlfriend recently purchased the new EA Wii Active game. When she puts it in the console it shows up fine on the desktop menu but when you hit start you get a black screen of death and nothing happens. Am I missing something here? Is it trying to update my firmware and my wii won't let it, hence not letting it play? Thanks for any info.
I'm not quite sure what would cause this, but my guess would be that it needs a certain IOS that's not on your Wii. It's not trying to update, you would get a message prior to the game starting if this was the case.

dc5master

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little lost when it comes to cIOS. In the past I've been able to downgrade to 3.2U and got all the steps down to play backups. Is there a way to get new cIOS through the network or do I have to keep checking back and use a WAD manager/installer?

runkittyrun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had simular issue with COD:world at war and rayman :TV PARTY both retail and both went black screen after messing with a cios, then week later i turned off wiiconnect24 and started gecko went to the force ntsc setting and turned it on, then both of them started working on the disk channel after i loaded one, i'd try gecko with force correct region

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all