Retail Card2 to .3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Lucifer666, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Lucifer666
    OP

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    I want to dump my US Pokemon Alpha Sapphire game to a .3ds file (well actually .3dz to play online)

I have no idea how to transfer the save across though? The gateway menu couldn't dump the save, this save dongle I own couldn't dump the save

I thought well maybe since it's card 2 the save file is included inside the dumped .3ds file

So I put it into my gateway and launched it on my Jap N3DS, only to get an in-game error that's in japanese oddly enough, so I can't translate it (I'm assuming it says the save is corrupt, I'm not sure though)

So what's the correct procedure to migrate from a retail card2 cart to a .3DS ROM? More importantly is the process reversible? As in can I go back to using my retail cart if I wish?

2. samiam144

samiam144 Régulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    It's easy for card2 games, just transfer with savedatafiler. Don't know what's up with the error because the save is indeed within the .3dz (for card2 games only)

3. Lucifer666
    OP

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    I don't need savedatafiler to transfer it to a .3dz though do I? I thought that was just for CIA

anyway here's the error. I tried using that image translate thing but it didn't make any sense

Attached Files:

4. samiam144

samiam144 Régulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    well when you dumped your game, the save was suppose to be dumped with it but it may have somehow corrupted. So you gotta use savedatafiler to dump the save from your cartridge and then inject it into your .3dz. Essentially, you're decrypting the save then encrypting it into your rom.

And no, savedatafiler can be used with either CIA, card2 cartridges, and card1 and card2 roms (card1 roms require a trick).

5. Lucifer666
    OP

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    OK thanks dude, I'll try this

and it's reversible yeah? as in I can move the save back to my cartridge if I want to?

thorasgar likes this.
  6. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    I was not aware SDF worked with card 2 carts. It does not work with card 1 carts, correct? That's why we need to use ntr cfw save game plug in with n3ds for those?

7. samiam144

samiam144 Régulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    Ohhhh hmmm, I guess I made a mistake, it isn't possible since sdf won't run in classic mode, you're right :/

I didn't realize you were using an N3DS! thorasgar is correct. Use NTR to backup your save from the cart, then use savedatafiler to import it into your rom!

I can't use NTR 2.0 so I'm not sure if you can import the save back but you can check the thread and you'll likely find what you need :grog:

8. Lucifer666
    OP

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    Don't I need cubic ninja for NTR? :/

I have a gateway, an O3DS XL with 9.7 rxtools emuNAND, a N3DS and LoZ: OoT. Given that that's all I've got, how can I migrate my save over from my retail Pokémon Alpha Sapphire cart to a ROM?