1. derp421

OP derp421 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I created a SX OS EmuNAND successfully for a friend of mine and I wanted to restore the SysNAND to a "clean" state with a clean NAND backup, but I did not realize that my friend didn't make a BOOT0/BOOT1 backup before I restored the NAND. Now when trying to boot to the SysNAND the system freezes on a black screen. I can still boot the Switch into RCM and boot the EmuNAND though. The SysNAND was downgraded from 9.1.0 to 9.0.1 (exFAT) so he could get exFAT support. I was wondering if I could downgrade the EmuNAND from 10.1.0 (exFAT) to 9.1.0 and somehow generate a BOOT0/BOOT1 that way. If that isn't possible any other suggestions to recover the SysNAND would be appreciated. It would be even better if I could also somehow make the SysNAND "clean".

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    First, you can restore blank BOOT0/1 files, as long as they comport with the system version. Do you know what the sysNAND system version is right now?

Second, you can install exFAT support at any time on any system version using ChoiDujourNX. There is no reason to downgrade to add exFAT support.

Third, exFAT is heavily discouraged because the exFAT drivers increase the likelihood of data corruption on the SD card. FAT32 is highly recommended.

Edit: Your idea to downgrade the emuNAND and then extract the proper BOOT0/1 files would work, but you probably don't need to do this.

Last edited by Lacius, Jul 17, 2020
  3. derp421

OP derp421 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The firmware that the SysNAND is on should be 9.1.0. Is there anywhere I can get blank BOOT0/1 files for 9.1.0?

4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    You can use EmmcHaccGen to generate your own BOOT0/1 files. My understanding is blank BOOT0/1 files cannot be shared here.

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Those are copyrighted so they cannot be linked. You can use ChoiDujour to generate them.

6. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    You find that funny, do you? Shredding old threads with your answers...

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Restored, Without, Backup