Hacking Restore NAND backup on 9.5

NoSmokingBandit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's not a whole lot of clear info on restoring a NAND backup that I could find (I suppose most people are smart enough to just not upgrade their 3ds), but I have a 3ds on 9.5 with a NAND backup of a pretty old firmware. Is hard-modding my only option?

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's not a whole lot of clear info on restoring a NAND backup that I could find (I suppose most people are smart enough to just not upgrade their 3ds), but I have a 3ds on 9.5 with a NAND backup of a pretty old firmware. Is hard-modding my only option?
Yes, your only option at the moment is hard mod.

NoSmokingBandit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was afraid you'd tell me that. I have plenty of hardmodding experience, I just hate to do it if there is a software solution.

I got my 3ds apart easily enough, and I can get to all of the pins for the hardmod except the one tucked under the card reader. I've found about a dozen video tutorials for a 3ds XL, but how does one remove the card reader on an original 3ds? I can remove the soldered on feet, but surely there is something else connecting it to the mobo?

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no experience to help with hard modding. Sorry.

Software solution is only available when kernel exploit is possible to enable unsigned CIA flashing (sysupdater or something similar).

Last edited by tivu100,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1