Gaming Resistance Burning Skies

Kong Fan

Grumpy Old Fart
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Who's going to be buying this on release day or there about, can't wait myself and have been looking forward to it for a while.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno. Like I would enjoy a mobile FPS if its actually mobile geared but it seems to be putting a lot of emphasis on multiplayer, which I can see either being decently successful but you're still limited to a WiFi connection or flopping easily and being dead. I'd want a mobile FPS that is geared towards being mobile, like solo challenges (survival modes, long campaign mode, stuff like that).

Reactions: 1 person

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not entirely sold. Apparently the main campaign is only about six hours long and I wasn't much of a fan of the other three Resistance games, either. The multiplayer could be fun, I admit, but I don't expect anything revolutionary. I may wait until they've inevitably released maps and multiplayer gameplay modes as DLC. If they can get Resistance 2's Co-Op in there, I'd be more inclined to give the game a shot (that was, after all, the only part of Resistance 2 that I actually played).

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
Played through the first mission and I'm really enjoying it so far. I don't know how it is later on but so far it is not bad at all! Judging by how much I've played it seems like an 8/10 game. Yet to try multiplayer (I will after finishing the campaign).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reviews have been from bad to mediocre on the game and it confirmed my fears of being multiplayer focused.

I'll probably pass on the game, may pick it up when it's like $10. It's a shame since it could've been a really awesome entry FPS for the system.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
Game got more epic by the end of mission 2.. when I got to 3 the environmental textures glitched up horribly. Expect a firmware update or patch to fix this later as well as getting the multiplayer to work. It's not perfect but I'm still having a blast with it.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've successfully and easily broken the geometry of the game three or four times now. It's fun to climb a rock you're not supposed to and see that Nihilistic did jack shit behind the environment. Case in point: the bridge level. Climbed on top of a truck that a Chimera was on (which, holy hell, that was easy to get on top of) and there was no bridge or any texture on the other side. Just a void of brown.

I'm... enjoying the game so far. No buyer's remorse (yet), but it saddens me that I'm normally slow to finish my game (1.5 weeks for WipeOut, 3 weeks for Uncharted, 2 weeks for MK, still not done with Rayman, 3 weeks for ModNation), and I'm halfway through the damn campaign ~24 hours into owning it.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
Hey man, I take my time with games so it takes me longer to complete them. I actually prefer that than speeding through it. And the glitch you describe sounds just like the one I got except the graphics glitched up for me right when I landed from the heli.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've got this game as well and I love it, I am a shooter n00b and I've loved the campaign till now.(I am at the heli mission where you get the sniper gun.) I want moar!

Also who wants to play online? I can't find anybody! >.>

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For those people who are trophy whores this game is one of the easiest games on Vita to platinum. It took me only like 6 hours to get the platinum on Resistance: Burning Skies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1