Required to update to play online?

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by Shoguna, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Shoguna
    OP

Shoguna Member

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2016
    United States
    So my friend list says a system update is required to even be online. I can't connect online to ORAS either. I'm running off a N3DS 11.1.0-34U.

Did Nintendo implement something to the servers or something?

2. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    Nintendo updated the friends sys-module. There are ways around it. You can install the FS-M Nver, ctr-httpwn, or sys update. The first two choices are CFW while you can do the third option on a regular system as well as CFW+a9lh, but that's your choice.

turilo and Shoguna like this.
  3. turilo

turilo Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2016
    Canada
    hi there, where can we locate the one you mentioned called FS-M Nver? I located the other in github but no luck for the first mentioned? Also would doing a system reset on a new 3dsl with CFW remove its CFW capabilities if wanting to create a new NNID?

4. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    @turilo

FS-M is 'Friends System-Module'. Nver is what you'd be injecting.

System reset confuses me; formatting (with CFW), should probably be done with tinyformat, if you really don't want to lose anything.

If you want a new NNID, you probably need two 3ds systems; assuming why you need that new NNID and why you joined yesterday.

turilo likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice