Homebrew [request] windows phone launcher app

Ivan Garcia

Trophies
Website
www.igarcias.es
XP
Country
Did you block the nintendo server's to avoid the updates?
Take care with allowing ppl to load their dat file... i have bricked my console few times triying to load some arm9 exploits :)
And... I suggest you not to upload to store if you dont want to lose your account since it's cataloged as "piracy software". (See my post and the natinusala one about the delete of our apps from google play)

I cannot use the Emulator cause i'm not using Visual Studio... I'm using XCode for C#...

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

The only part of the policy that could be problematik for this App is "11.8". And the Gateway .dat support is not the only thing that I'm trying to implement. :)
Illegal Activity

Your app must not contain content or functionality that encourages, facilitates or glamorizes illegal activity in the real world.

And what did you mean with:
Did you block the nintendo server's to avoid the updates?

Ivan Garcia

Trophies
Website
www.igarcias.es
XP
Country
The only part of the policy that could be problematik for this App is "11.8". And the Gateway .dat support is not the only thing that I'm trying to implement. :)

If you connect to your wifi hotspot... the nintendo 3DS will start to download the updates... consuming your mobile carrier bandwidth...

You should block it changing the DNS provided by the DHCPServer of the mobile phone to ones that you should host blocking nintendo server pointing the url to google for example

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I dont think I could easily do that from within the app, because of the sandbox type that Windows/Phone Apps are. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Also I think I should only do this, if it is possible to do it for only the created hotspot and not for the complete phone, because I wouldn't like it if an application changes my DNS without my knowlege.
But in any case it could be a free selectable option.

Edit:
ken28 thats an good idea, thats somthing that could not be hidden in the background(if its realy a fake one, something like 127.0.0.1 should be possible).

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Well not a problem if you can't publish the app, just provide us the .xap, it's easy to install them on phones with an sd slot.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Obviously the manufacturer wants to cut costs and sell a cheaper product... isn't it obvious? Sure it would be cheaper bundled because [Insert Major Corporation Here] could buy them in bulk, but is it really that horrible that you have to buy flash storage yourself? At least you get to pick the exact amount you want.

I prefer getting devices with less internal storage and a MicroSD slot (like the Tab S, with 16/32GB of internal. Mine has 16GB+ 64 MicroSD).
Same goes for my smartphones.

Also, about this, I'm sure it would be possible, especially since it's not too hard to use the WP SDK.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's now possible to select which .dat should be loaded. The next things I would like to do is to clean up the code, and allow to select a own Folder with .dat /.bin and load them. I will try to finish these steps and release the code and pracompiled pakages at the weekend. After some users tested it ich will try to put it up to the Windows Store.
It is a shared app project, so it will include Windows 8.1/Phone 8.1 support :)

Reactions: Idaho

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can it be tested with a 4.5 3DS? because I think I could test it as I have a lumia 635 which is dev enabled...

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My WP 8.1 phone (Lumia 920) is developer unlocked (at least I think it should still be) so I can sideload up to three (or was it ten?) apps on it. If you want, I can try it as well.

For it to be allowed on the WP marketplace all you need to do is make it all-purpose and use a file to load the website content (.zip renamed to .web for instance) that actually holds the exploit content.

Reactions: DoJo_Master

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Her is a picture from the current state of the UI from within the Windows Phone Emulator.
Its not the finished UI, and I will change it a bit after cleaning up the Code, but it shows the main functions :)

Attachments

• appState.png
    appState.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 221

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.