[Request] Taiko No Tatsujin clone

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by MakkipMaster, Dec 27, 2015.

1. MakkipMaster
    OP

MakkipMaster Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2015
    United States
    //Sorry if this is in the wrong place to ask!

I was wondering if a Taiko clone could be made for 3DS. There already is a legit Taiko game for 3DS, two of them in fact But I thought it'd be neat if it could still be done!See gameplay of the first game here :)

[​IMG]

Basically the game looks like this. There are red and blue notes, they scroll across the screen and you have to hit them by the time they reach the white mark. The notes go to the music playing in the background. You use the d-pad and A,B,X,Y buttons for the red notes, and the L and R pads for the blue ones! There are other notes like balloon notes and long yellow notes, but those just require you to hit as many buttons as you can.

The game also has a lot of visual stuff going on in the background, but that's not really needed at all. Just some things to make the game look pretty I guess!

I know nothing really on how to develop homebrew games or i'd do it myself ^^; But what do you guys think?

SLiV3R likes this.
  2. BurningDesire

BurningDesire GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Behind a screen reading news
    It could be possible it wouldn't very easy to do though :unsure:

3. JerwuQu

JerwuQu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2015
    I actually made a semi-working clone before. It could play songs and stuff but it didn't have score screens and adding new songs was a pain in the ass. Maybe I should finish it?

kiwiis and BurningDesire like this.
  4. BurningDesire

BurningDesire GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Behind a screen reading news
    Please! With custom song integration. I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER

5. _v3

_v3 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 12, 2013
    Croatia
    It would be awesome, I love TnT, but afaik every Taiko no Tatsujin fanmade game released is not open source.
    Best thing to do would be to recreate Taikojiro (which is IMO the best taiko clone) on the 3ds.

6. MasterFeizz

MasterFeizz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 15, 2015
    United States
    Quoting myself - "If you want it, you can make it happen. Maybe start a team with some people, even if you don't finish it you will have lots of fun. Btw, not knowing how to program is not an excuse"

7. JerwuQu

JerwuQu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2015
    Hahaha, we'll see! I'll probably continue on it then. I didn't think there was much interest in it for others than myself.

BurningDesire likes this.
  8. MakkipMaster
    OP

MakkipMaster Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2015
    United States
    @JerwuQu AH YES! That would be amazing if you could continue! ^^

9. JerwuQu

JerwuQu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2015
    Okay :) I'll restart the project from scratch due to the big update of ctrulib that allows me to do some new stuff (mostly audio related), so it might take a month or two before the clone is completely finished. Add me on Skype (same username as on here) if you want to get updates on how the project is going.

kiwiis likes this.