Homebrew [Request] Nintendo Eshop sale editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Not only is a bad and impossible idea, it's also unnethical.

And i'm not exactly swimming in money while also not friend of piracy so i can understand OP but no, just... no.

Reactions: Zephiroph

ChaosRipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This idea isnt half bad that would be cool if you could modify the extdata to make a 40 dollar purchase 1 dollar. Maybe take this info from a 1 dollar game and inject the price to the new one mid purchase?

Wouldn't work because your account fund amount is stored on the nintendo server and the server will subtract the price of the game (which is also stored on server). If you dont have funds on your account, the server will charge your credit card. Everything is done and checked on the server meaning any edit on your client end or even packet edits will not work.

The only way to actually do that is to do a server sided hack, which of course, can get you into big trouble. And on top of that, you're dealing with money which will get you in trouble twice over.

Last edited by ChaosRipple,

sat

Trophies
XP
Country
lol either get yourself a 9.2 or lower system or you're pretty SOL. You're never going to get 1 cent eshop games roflmao that's stupid. Why even ask such a dumb shit question?

Last edited by sat,

Arseface_TM

Board Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So theoretically speaking, if somebody was a total dick, they could make an application that intercepts the info and spoofs other info.

For instance, making a game look free when it isn't in order to fool somebody into buying it for them.

NEO117

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Wow, its shit like this that gives GBATemp a bad name...

You mean apart from the moralfag devs and users?
And the lack of an organized scene?
And the abundance of outdated information for newbies?
And lack of sticky moderation and updating?
And the loud vocal minority who think they're on a higher plane of existence because they *GASP* buy games blindly instead of downloading first to become informed?

Yeah kinda.

And to the OP. Just no man... That would be pretty catastrophic if someone made such an app. At that point you're not just pirating anymore, you're committing cold, hard fraud, and both the creator of such an app and the users of said app could face a lawsuit and potential jailtime since it's no longer a civil offense, but a criminal one.

I think that should be enough reason to close the thread if the OP has no other questions.

Last edited by NEO117,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is probably the dumbest thread ever on gbatemp and that's saying something considering the amount of stupidity we see on a daily basis here so as some others have said please admin close this one down

Reactions: I pwned U!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: