Request - JoyCons Update Bypass

fabvvx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have JoyCons that can't update (some games force my JoyCons to update but they power off themsemlf). i'm looking for something that makes my switch believe that i have the last Update on my JoyCons, for atmosphere obvv

fabvvx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Third Party Joycon doesn't get firmware update directly from Nintendo that why your update failed.
and i can't do anything for update them? i alredy checked the site from i bought them, but i didn't found anything

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and i can't do anything for update them? i alredy checked the site from i bought them, but i didn't found anything

Not via the joycon update method on the switch you have to find update from the OEM of the third party joycon, the system's joycon update only apply to official brand Joycon.

fabvvx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not via the joycon update method on the switch you have to find update from the OEM of the third party joycon, the system's joycon update only apply to official brand Joycon.
so i can't trick my switch for make it believe that my joycons are updated?

fabvvx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No, there is no way to bypass it I believe, as for Nintendo brand Joycon it won't force you to update, you are better off just getting a Nintendo brand one.
ok, and, uhm what about a cheat code that disables the Update Check of my JoyCons for a specific game?
(i connected my broken joycons to my switch, updated them, and while playing i switched joycons and everything was ok, so i guess is possible to play with not updated JoyCons)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, and, uhm what about a cheat code that disables the Update Check of my JoyCons for a specific game?
(i connected my broken joycons to my switch, updated them, and while playing i switched joycons and everything was ok, so i guess is possible to play with not updated JoyCons)

Well the thing is official joycon won't prompt you to update the joycon, so it is your third party joycon.

whitesword7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what third party joycon brand are you using? so that I can avoid buying them…

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't think you can update any 3rd party joy con on switch. Even for thouse updateable models you need to connect them to your pc and update with their software.

fabvvx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ow, can't someone just do a patch or mod for letting me playing switch sports without updating my joycons?

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s a known thing with Switch Sports only, Nintendo wants official Joy Cons, but there are some steps you can use to bypass . Credit to hoatuy of Reddit
  1. Open the game, then connect both 3rd joycon into it
  2. When the game ask you to update the controllers, press ok
  3. It stuck at the updating scene. Now, you need to disconnect the joycon (Right or left depend on which one is updating) by press the sync button or whatever button your 3rd joycon use.
  4. A new notification pop up and say that it lost connection to the controllers. BUT dont press OK yet!
  5. Reconnect the joycon and press OK with the newly connected joycon
  6. Viola, it work now!
You’ll need to do this for each sport you want to play.

Last edited by G33ksquad,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.