[Request] Hard and Cold Reboot Homebrew App

Sowden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as the subject requested. I would like a reboot app to use in homebrew with my vWii so it will boot back to my Wii U menu. The Homebrew Channel has a shutdown option and I can hit the power button on the controller, but a app with maybe a 5 second countdown would be more streamlined. Anyone around here still work on homebrew? Much appreciated, thanks.

Reactions: newo

newo

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
This hb app shuts down the wii instantly once you run it; wii shutdown
I tested it on a real wii and its works. I dont have a wii u so you'll have to test it out for your self. If you really need the count down timer I can work on that at some other time.

Sowden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @newo, yeah that program did work n my Wii U. It shut it down instantly, but I need something to reboot it. I don't particularly need a count down, I was just thinking of that to show that it's working. But if it works it just works! But if you have the knowledge and know-how to change it to reboot, I bet a lot of Wii U users would get some use out of it. Thanks for replying dude.

Sowden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, you weren't joking. That's some pretty impressive stuff. How long have you guys been working on that game? Thanks a lot for the app. You have pretty much given me an easy workflow to use my Pro Controller if I want to do any busy work on my Wii U (download apps, move folders around or delete things, etc). Cause I enjoy using that more that I enjoy using the gamepad. I know it's a simple line of code, but would you mind if I posted it on theWii U board? Changing the meta xml and giving you proper credit of course. And say, you wouldn't happen to know anything about adding Wii U Pro controller support to Wii apps would you?

newo

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
nzero has whole thread of its own, probably 10 months of work. but I also have lots of prior wii hb experience so that makes everything easier. Sure you can share it wiiU board. wiiU pro controller support would require a recompile and alot more work, not really easy to pull off.

Sowden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah boy howdy. It's pretty amazing that you have that optimized for the Wii without using any Wii U overclocking. Good job. Alright I'll change the meta data and write up a small thing. And yeah, I get that the Pro Controller stuff takes some more manovering. I have the publicly posted source of a Wii app that apparently needs some library's applied and recompiled. If you'd ever have some free time and a Vinmo account, I'll buy you a beer 😁

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.