[REQ] MSET .3dsx/.smdh

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by SonyUSA, Jul 29, 2015.

1. SonyUSA
    OP

SonyUSA We're all mad here

pip Contributor
    May 12, 2006
    United States
    Hello everyone!

With the coming release of Triforce Heroes, I decided to take it upon myself to write a guide for dual booting DSI capable CFW and Gateway on the New3DS, however I stumbled with a good, easy way to get back to Gateway without constantly reloading Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of Time. So here is my request!

Would somebody be able to port or create an MSET installer for use with Homebrew Launcher? Obviously the regular Homebrew Launcher doesn't allow ARM9/11, so we would be using the DSI capable CFW to reload Cubic Ninja/OoT then run the code.

2. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    FBI can already do this even as a 3dsx. It would be possible of course to have it as a stand alone app or even integrated into hb menu.

3. SonyUSA
    OP

pip Contributor
    May 12, 2006
    United States
    Oh doody, I just read the feature list of FBI, this would probably work just fine, then! :D Let me check into it...

4. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    No, FBI has a build for all 3 formats and you could just use its 3dsx version for mset installing.
    (im not sure if it has a new3ds mset option, but it could be added easily)

5. zhdarkstar

zhdarkstar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Doesn't the sudokuhax installation tutorial work with the N3DS? I currently use it with my O3DS to run ROPLoader to switch between rxTools and Gateway.

6. Rinnegatamante

Rinnegatamante GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 24, 2014
    Italy
    Bologna
  7. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    That overwrites your entire nvram though. Pity the fool who wants to modify their wifi settings :P

Not an elegant solution.

WhoAmI? likes this.
  8. SonyUSA
    OP

pip Contributor
    May 12, 2006
    United States
    Yeah, I wanted more of a dummy-proof, easy way of restoring MSET. The long dummy way right now is to reload Cubic Ninja/OoT over and over to set it back up with the GW menu, and I'm trying to alleviate that. I ran into a problem the other day with smea's site running slow and it took forever to reload CN with the exploit.

PLUS, I would like to be able to keep all SYSNAND wifi profiles completely empty or fake without the need to have to set them back up over and over to prevent accidental updates.

9. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Seems like a stupid idea but has anyone tried to inject the mset nds file to a dsi cia file?

10. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    That's not a bad idea but TWL FIRM won't boot a homebrew .nds directly. Now if a homebrew binary could be inserted with dsiware headers and signed properly, maybe.

Edit: Here is your thing @SonyUSA Let me know if there are issues but it works for me.

Attached Files:

Last edited by zoogie, Jul 30, 2015
  11. davhuit

davhuit GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 23, 2005
    France
    Seems I missed something, but why would you need DS/DSI CFW compatible to run "Triforce Heroes", which seems to be a 3DS game :wtf: ?

12. WeedZ

WeedZ Possibly an enlightened being

GBAtemp Patron
    WeedZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 13, 2015
    United States
    When is triforce heroes coming out? I didnt even know we had another zelda coming aside from hyrule warriors.

13. SonyUSA
    OP

pip Contributor
    May 12, 2006
    United States
    Nono, the Triforce Heroes (Coming Nov. 19 2015) is what inspired me to want to play the 25th Anniversary 4-Swords Adventures that was given away for like 4 days for free for 3DS users a long time ago, and I had a heck of a time finding any good guide to boot DSi games, let alone one for N3DS and one that made getting back to Gateway mode easily.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Thanks!!! I'll try it now :)

Edit: Worked great, thank you!

Last edited by SonyUSA, Jul 30, 2015
  14. zhdarkstar

zhdarkstar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    You can use sudokuhax to achieve the same thing. I actually prefer to have it overwrite the DS Connection Settings instead of appear on the Home Menu so I don't have to worry about people accidentally opening it when letting them play with the 3DS.
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-new-installing-sudokuhax-on-3ds-4-x-9-2.388621/

Ronhero likes this.
  15. VinsCool

VinsCool Insecure

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Where is the promised mii exploit?

16. davhuit

davhuit GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 23, 2005
    France
    Oh, okay.