Hacking Replacing PSP1K with PSPGO

Bearpowers

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can the GO be fully hacked now?

For 100 dollars I can get one with a 32GB memory card giving me 48GB which seems excellent.

And can I use popsloader for PSX games?

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I'm aware yes, but it doesn't remove your OFW (it's a softmod), this is not from experience though, it's just what I picked up in the process of getting the latest Pro CFW on my brand new PSP3000 (which I bought over the Go because Sony's website misled me to believe the single most important game on the console to me is UMD-Only {it isn't! It's cheaper on PSN than the used copy I bought!})

Anyhow, http://code.google.com/p/procfw/wiki/Installation

I also recommend Rydian's sticky threads on installing CFW/softmods

Bearpowers

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I'm aware yes, but it doesn't remove your OFW (it's a softmod), this is not from experience though, it's just what I picked up in the process of getting the latest Pro CFW on my brand new PSP3000 (which I bought over the Go because Sony's website misled me to believe the single most important game on the console to me is UMD-Only {it isn't! It's cheaper on PSN than the used copy I bought!})

Anyhow, http://code.google.c...ki/Installation

I also recommend Rydian's sticky threads on installing CFW/softmods
So is this one of those hacks that has to reisntall itself every time I turn the system on/off?

Those honestly sound like a pain if so, I've grown so used to the simplicity of hacking a 1000 but I really want a nicer screen and the 48GB of storage sounds nice.

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
You can install 6.20 PRO on all psp go & it have a permanent patch so it will remain on the psp even if you turned the system off but the only downside will be that your psp will take abit longer to boot after fully closing ( it will take about 8-10 sec) but if that doesn't bother your then go for it .

As for popsloader you can install it but most pops doesn't work (I think from 3.71 to 6.20 ) with psp go so many problematic games won't work .

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really isn't a pain for me. All you do is boot the signed recovery file if you have to hard boot. If you want to use PSN for anything legitimate at all, then having OFW access is important.

I also wanted to add that I use Jamstruth's guide to convert my PSX games to PSP and had zero problems with doing it so far.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
It really isn't a pain for me. All you do is boot the signed recovery file if you have to hard boot. If you want to use PSN for anything legitimate at all, then having OFW access is important.
You can still access PSN on CFW (latest firmware), Sony can't tell.

hubadub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, where did you find a 32GB M2 card??! I thought development for them was discontinued and only 16GBs were released. I'm interested in getting one if you provide a link.

EDIT:
Also, to answer to the thread, yes the PSP Go is hackable. I have one that's perma patched to 6.20 Pro B9 and I followed Rydian's hacking guide word by word in this section. So I recommend reading that up. You need to use PSPident (don't need CFW, just put in game folder) though so you can find out your Go's model number. If it's 5g and below, it can be downgraded to 6.20 and permanently patched, or go to higher firmwares and use the CIPL flasher or quick recovery. The latest CFW right now is Pro B10 (I gotta update myself lol), so use that. Also, from my experience so far, PSX games have been working flawlessly on my Go's original flash and I've yet to use Popsloader. It's nice to have it installed though in case you run into a problematic game.

Bearpowers

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, where did you find a 32GB M2 card??! I thought development for them was discontinued and only 16GBs were released. I'm interested in getting one if you provide a link.

EDIT:
Also, to answer to the thread, yes the PSP Go is hackable. I have one that's perma patched to 6.20 Pro B9 and I followed Rydian's hacking guide word by word in this section. So I recommend reading that up. You need to use PSPident (don't need CFW, just put in game folder) though so you can find out your Go's model number. If it's 5g and below, it can be downgraded to 6.20 and permanently patched, or go to higher firmwares and use the CIPL flasher or quick recovery. The latest CFW right now is Pro B10 (I gotta update myself lol), so use that. Also, from my experience so far, PSX games have been working flawlessly on my Go's original flash and I've yet to use Popsloader. It's nice to have it installed though in case you run into a problematic game.
They said a 32GB memory card on craigslist, maybe they just meant 32GB total?

hubadub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EDIT:
They said a 32GB memory card on craigslist, maybe they just meant 32GB total?
That could be it, or he could be giving you the wrong memory stick for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Watching the fallout series it is pretty decent