Hacking Replacing AceKard 2i with Supercard DSTWO

Eric Teunen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,

I have 3 DSI's for which I got AceKard 2i's several years back. 2 of the 3 Acekards have died recently so I'm about to pick up some DSTWO's to replace them.

How is the migration process? Can I just use my (AKAIO) SD cards in the DSTWO or do I have to reformat the SD cards for the DSTWO and move the games back on afterwards?

We also have a 3DS that I've never tried to use a flash card in. From what I understand the DSTWO might work for playing the regular DS games on the 3DS but if I'm looking to play real 3DS games I would need to get a Gateway 3DS or 3DS Link card?

I've found a local place to thet the DSTWO's but can't find a reliable source to get the 3DS cards...

Thanks,

Eric

About7fish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know much about the AceKard (or anything, for that matter), but I can tell you that the DSTwo uses a micro SD formatted as Fat32 (I think Fat16 works as well, but why would you do that?) and .sav files. Just to be safe though, I would back up your roms and your saves, reformat the card, then put them back (DSTwo has both roms and saves in the root of the card, so just drag and drop it all).

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just delete the old os files and install the new ones, you will also need to grab the card update
roms and saves(assuming they are "romname.sav" should work fine, if they are romname.sav.sav they need to be renamed) will work fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Welp I'm off to best buy because I figured out how to shove another 14tb hard drive in this server 😂