Replacement Housing

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by yee, Apr 4, 2015.

1. yee
    OP

yee DOTA 4EVER

Jul 9, 2006
    Canada
    Vancouver
    Has anyone had experience replacing housing on their original 3DS?

I bought a cheap one yesterday for $50 since it was hackable.

Works perfectly fine, but cosmetically, there are dents on some of the corners. That itself doesn't bother me since I can cover it up with a snap-on, but there are a few scratches on the upper screen.

I was wondering if anyone had experience changing the housing? If I could only change the upper plastic that would be great as I don't think the actual screen itself is scratched. It appears as if the screen is recessed behind the top cover.

2. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    yes, i bought a replacement small old3ds housinga year ago and put it on. it was pretty good for a copy i think.
    not perfect, but good enough.
    the select/home/start button thing was a bit weak, the border that you put on the touch screen was a bit sharp, the top of the 3ds should have a kind of metallic shiny moving effect when you view it from different angles. like, the red fading into black, this does not have it, it is simply a red to black shiny gradient, it's ok, it looks fine really.
    it was horrible to put on though, just because of the top part hinge cables. i would not want to do it again for a small reason.
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-replacement-housing-it-went-ok-has-anyone-else-used-it.363689/

3. Ashtonx

Ashtonx n0l1f3

Oct 31, 2013
    Poland
    You know... this is also a good motivator for diy case ;)

Making something handmade and cool.