Repair help?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by TehSkull, Feb 25, 2011.

Feb 25, 2011

Repair help? by TehSkull at 5:20 AM (552 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. TehSkull
    OP

Member TehSkull Living the life

United States
    Okay, so my friend's DS Lite(it was my DS Lite, but I gave it to him for Christmas when I got a DSi for Christmas) had a broken screen. 85% of it wouldn't work/was just white.

I watched a video on how to repair it, bought all the parts (new screen, new shell+triwing screwdriver) disassembled it, replaced the screen and reassembled. Now the DS won't turn on for long. I turn it on, the green LED comes on for a few seconds, the touchscreen flashes white, then the DS shuts itself off.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what may cause this? My dad's an (ex-Air Force) electrician, so don't worry about a repair method being too complex.

2. jaynecobb

Newcomer jaynecobb Advanced Member

United States
    what screen did you replace?

if it was the top screen, when you soldered the speakers you may have bridged a connection?

as far as the touch screen, i am racking my brain on this.

it's been well over a year since i repaired my niece's ds.

maybe go on youtube for a video tutorial and redo the work.

there may have been something that you missed that may become apparent by redoing it.

good luck.

3. drewmerc

Member drewmerc GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    loose ribbon cable, recheck them

4. TehSkull
    OP

Member TehSkull Living the life

United States
    Yeah, we replaced the top screen. You may be onto something with the speakers. We'll buy a magnifying glass and take a look at those connections this afternoon.

I don't think it's the ribbon cable's positioning because we readjusted 3 times.

Unless the cable itself is damaged, which I guess is possible considering how much of a pain the cable on the replacement was compared to the original. (It had an inconvenient shape, but as long as it's not torn it will still work, right?)

Thanks, dude.