Hacking 'ReNpDrm' & PSN, clarification needed...

rscarrab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Id appreciate if anyone is able to answer these 2 (okay, 3 :P) questions for me.

-Can or should ReNpDrm.skprx be used in conjuction with NoNpDrm.skprx?

-Ive never created a PSN account before, but i would like to stop that box asking me to create an account when i start up a Vita game, so im thinking of doing it. Is there any downside to doing this and should i change my version spoofing from 3.65 to 3.67 in Henkaku settings before doing so?

Sidenote:

-Is there any app similar to say, VItatoolbox, that has the option to disable the screen dimming/auto-standby? If not, is there any way to do it at all?

Thanks. :)

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(back up your tai folder first, the one that has the plugins and stuff)

(install renpdrm, and remove nonpdrm plugin)

(activate, sign in, whatever, then remove the plugin, and restore your tai folder backup, you can still sign in afterwards)

(you should not use renpdrm at all, it doesn't let you download anything for most users, and your risking a brick or a forced reformat if you have real problems) (the author has already abandoned the cause)

(forgot that annoying game field runners, that wants you to sign in to psn to give you free points) (you can still do that without the plugin, and for other games that use that method me thinks)

rscarrab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
(back up your tai folder first, the one that has the plugins and stuff)

(install renpdrm, and remove nonpdrm plugin)

(activate, sign in, whatever, then remove the plugin, and restore your tai folder backup, you can still sign in afterwards)

(you should not use renpdrm at all, it doesn't let you download anything for most users, and your risking a brick or a forced reformat if you have real problems) (the author has already abandoned the cause)

(forgot that annoying game field runners, that wants you to sign in to psn to give you free points) (you can still do that without the plugin, and for other games that use that method me thinks)

Okay. I might leave it, so. I only wanted to use ReNpDrm so that my Vita had as much functionality as possible (ie. access to the store). Beyond that I dont have any real need for it.

As per my second question I guess I'll go ahead and create a PSN account, as id prefer not to cancel 2 dialogue boxes everytime I boot up a Vita title.

Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited by rscarrab,

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Run MTL Activator, then add your original modified config.txt file back into the tai folder of ur0, then your games should work again, without the renpdrm plugin)

(you may or may not have to reinstall the white lists................well.....................you can get the free coins once time when you first play field runners on a new game, without signing on to psn, ditch RENPDRM for Good! (Sony's Sharks, can get you at any time, your not safe with that)

(netcheck_bypass.suprx, works on some games, not all, sometimes plugins will cause a game not to boot, you'll just have to test, that will remove the psn prompts most of the time, set it to individual game in the config.txt file)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

rscarrab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What do you mean by that? The plugin is still beta and not stable admitted by Celesteblue himself. And why do you put your stuff in brackets?

Yeah I checked Celesteblue's Twitter last night after reading yeshuachrist's reply and couldn't find any mention of the 'project' being abandoned.

Can you elaborate on that statement, yeshuachrist?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)