Renowned Scene Release Group Dump 1st WiiU Game

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you guys seem to be having fun putting words in my mouth regarding the IRC conversation the other day, here, have the log.

http://pastie.org/private/1fke6hn5o7crzguce7zq
Good read, clarifies instead of one guy taking some lines and putting them forward like that was the entire conversation. Makes sense now, but the tweets, pictures, etc made it seem like this release was coming. Made it seem it was unlocked, then 31 given the goods? Oh well, entire conversation clarifies. I know some on here take part in the conversations. Guess that resolves it.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you guys seem to be having fun putting words in my mouth regarding the IRC conversation the other day, here, have the log.

http://pastie.org/private/1fke6hn5o7crzguce7zq

What else were we supposed to do, keep speculating on what really occurred? Hackers shouldn't tease people with what could be potentially big news and then not release it. Just saying. :creep: I for myself couldn't give a tin schilling about backups, all I would want to see is another HBC, but with Wii U features, of course that will never happen due to fear of it leading to warez.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What else were we supposed to do, keep speculating on what really occurred? Hackers shouldn't tease people with what could be potentially big news and then not release it. Just saying. :creep: I for myself couldn't give a tin schilling about backups, all I would want to see is another HBC, but with Wii U features, of course that will never happen due to fear of it leading to warez.

All I got from that pastebin were people bitching about the Wii U and how it will fail, but if I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
How much it is not worth the effort, Wii U hack was "epic" per Marcan...good read. Old radeon, three core processor that would be crap on a PC (something like this), GC was good for it's day, ahhhh, twittards (guess that includes me, lmfao), GBA here is only wanting warez (plenty want to use gamepad and emulators), etc. Wii, 360, PS3; none of those hurt. The people talking about 3rd party support must realize that only unit sales and the POTENTIAL for earnings will matter, not that there is NO piracy but only 50% of sales for Wii U compared to PS4 and MS offering.

Oh well, he gave a reply and it was not just somebody citing some lines from that. Marcan DID post in a thread on here that "Plan A" failed and plan B was a standard release. Possibly 31 are devs? People who actually make the HBC, the other stuff like Wii had? No clue, but at least a response was given.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How much it is not worth the effort, Wii U hack was "epic" per Marcan...good read. Old radeon, three core processor that would be crap on a PC (something like this), GC was good for it's day, ahhhh, twittards (guess that includes me, lmfao), GBA here is only wanting warez (plenty want to use gamepad and emulators), etc. Wii, 360, PS3; none of those hurt. The people talking about 3rd party support must realize that only unit sales and the POTENTIAL for earnings will matter, not that there is NO piracy but only 50% of sales for Wii U compared to PS4 and MS offering.

Oh well, he gave a reply and it was not just somebody citing some lines from that. Marcan DID post in a thread on here that "Plan A" failed and plan B was a standard release. Possibly 31 are devs? People who actually make the HBC, the other stuff like Wii had? No clue, but at least a response was given.

Didn't think he would want to reply, but I guess he wanted no misinformation. If they don't release exploits publicly, they shouldn't be announced or mentioned publicly.

Reactions: Ray Lewis

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty funky reason to not release anything.
37565084.jpg

Reactions: Ray Lewis

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was a spamvertiser for a Chinese import shop.
Seen some of those, lol. Get notices in email so I still see some. Surprised you or raulpaca et al have not banned me. Warned once. Comex did tweet, Marcan did share more of the conversation. Not sure if wiikeyu is worth what it will cost. Thanks for saying why somebody was booted, lol.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty strange reason to not release anything. Not everyone will use said hacks for warez; I can see legit reasons such as allowing region-free games because I think region locking is pretty asinine, but, since many people will download Wii U ISO images, they're not going to release it.

37565084.jpg
Comex tweeted, and said briefly it was not going to be released but it seemed like it will be. More than piracy came up in what Marcan shared.

I'm not a mod, I don't have any warn/ban powers or anything like that. I just recognized the name as the type we get here all the time.
Lol, what can content managers do? So you don't deny wanting to boot me? Lol.

Reactions: the_randomizer

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think what marcan posted puts everything in new perspective, actually. People tend to do things for the challenge, the excitement, or the enjoyment. It seems like after the challenge wore off the other two weren't there, and the people he shared it with don't think so either. Fascinating read, really.

Shiroi Kaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny reading this news right after reading some news on how EA's Frostbyte 3 engine can't run on the WiiU and neither does Unreal Engine 4. In terms of big Western releases that really cripples the system. I guess people can still pirate first party games and jrpgs though.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
It's funny reading this news right after reading some news on how EA's Frostbyte 3 engine can't run on the WiiU and neither does Unreal Engine 4. In terms of big Western releases that really cripples the system. I guess people can still pirate first party games and jrpgs though.
That's not true. They just aren't making it available to the Wii U unless someone scales it themselves. Besides, the Wii U uses Unity, not Unreal.

Edit: And I read the article, Forstbyte 3 CAN run on the Wii U, but EA says the results "aren't too promising". It sounds to me like they are just looking for another reason to not support Nintendo. They need to get over the Origin issue.

Shiroi Kaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not true. They just aren't making it available to the Wii U unless someone scales it themselves. Besides, the Wii U uses Unity, not Unreal.

According to Dice FB3 cannot run on WiiU and even FB2 couldn't run properly- https://twitter.com/repi/statuses/331549012022927360 that means the system is already losing the next Mass Effect and the next Dragon Age. We also already know there's not going to be a COD Ghosts for WiiU... not even a Treyarch developed port like they were doing on Wii when it was IW's turn to release an entry.

Sure if a developer wants to try to modify the Unreal 4 engine enough to run on the WiiU they can... if it's even possible. Things look pretty grim from my perspective... especially if they only western support is going to be a bunch of ports of mobile games built on Unity.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
According to Dice FB3 cannot run on WiiU and even FB2 couldn't run properly- https://twitter.com/repi/statuses/331549012022927360 that means the system is already losing the next Mass Effect and the next Dragon Age. We also already know there's not going to be a COD Ghosts for WiiU... not even a Treyarch developed port like they were doing on Wii when it was IW's turn to release an entry.
No, it says they never even tried to run it on the Wii U. They just figured it wouldn't run. There is a reason EA has been voted the "Worst company in America". Twice. In a row.

Sure if a developer wants to try to modify the Unreal 4 engine enough to run on the WiiU they can... if it's even possible. Things look pretty grim from my perspective... especially if they only western support is going to be a bunch of ports of mobile games built on Unity.
It was said by the developer that it was perfectly possible.

Unity isn't just for mobile games. It's just a cheaper alternative to Unreal.

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
damn you and your new fangled super net meanwhile I'm stuck with 12mb (out of 20mb) connection :hateit:

lol @ you guys crying because you dont have 80mb...
Here in Argentina -and South America overall- if you have more than 10mb you're really, really lucky.
I have only 3mb and they work whenever the ISP wants.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Because DICE's word is good enough for everyone and takes precedence over whatever other companies say. They clearly must be right and everyone else is dead wrong....oh wait.

And here I was thinking people hated EA for being douchebags.

Shiroi Kaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because DICE's word is good enough for everyone and takes precedence over whatever other companies say. They clearly must be right and everyone else is dead wrong....oh wait.

And here I was thinking people hated EA for being douchebags.

Well they are the ones who created the Frostbite engine... so yeah if they said they tried to run it on a platform and it didn't work, I'd tend to believe them. While I couldn't care less about COD and Battlefield... the absence of the latest entry in both series on the WiiU looks pretty bad. Maybe if the WiiU was performing better in sales these developers would try a little bit harder to port their game engines to the WiiU... but sadly that's just not the case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh