Question Renaming NSP Files

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by godreborn, May 31, 2019.

1. Sovikos

Sovikos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2018
    Canada
    Not sure either. I think so, The ticket kind of unlocks the game I think, with each ticket being different for each purchase of the game. Games that are dumped online have 1 ticket that are shared among everyone who uses it, and then it comes up flagged when they go online... at least that's my understanding of it all.

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I believe it's because they are xci conversions. XCIs don't use tickets i guess.

3. Garou

Garou GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 13, 2015
    looks like all the necessary keys are there. maybe you put wrong key values for newer masterkeys?
    it's actually not weird. base game and updates can have different masterkey requirement so it's normal
    and dlc info will never be shown unless you have the info in the titlekeys.txt

if you're using switch backup manager, try post the log

Last edited by Garou, Aug 12, 2019
  4. godreborn
    OP

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    they'll still verify if they're conversions, 'cause when I have a game that shows up corrupted, I'll convert the xci to nsp. it passes, so I assume something went wrong with the download. a verified good dump as opposed to one that's messed up always seems to have a few kilobytes difference, so I assume something went wrong when converting or uploading.

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Yeah, verification doesn't seem to need the ticket. But some nsp installers will have trouble installing if the ticket is missing.

6. Sovikos

Sovikos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2018
    Canada
    Here is the log of me renaming some files:
    https://pastebin.com/u5mVv5CE

This is what it looks like after renaming. There are 3 in this batch that don't get all the info. As you can see Claybook, Fobia and the Mutant Year Zero Update all have have title ID in the Game Title and it gets duplicated when you autorename.

upload_2019-8-12_12-27-18.

7. Sovikos

Sovikos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2018
    Canada
    Here is the log from adding the games. It shows errors on those 3 files in obtaining game name etc...
    https://pastebin.com/ZCy2DhwK
    upload_2019-8-12_12-55-35.

Are the files I am getting being stripped of their data or manipulated?

8. Garou

Garou GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 13, 2015
    what pattern did you use for autorename?
    although what I would recommend won't work if below issue not resolved first

looks like the expected file could not be found. I'll see if I can try it myself later

9. godreborn
    OP

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    strange thing is that a few times with switch backup manager, the game and the update used the same master key, but the game was detected and the update was not. that was before I put in the missing master keys. that's what was confusing me about it.

edit: maybe the nsp was converted?

10. Garou

Garou GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 13, 2015
    tried Fobia and get all info without any issue
    mine is 477 MB (501,006,160 bytes), so you might want to check if yours is different

that shouldn't happen even if the nsp was converted, unless the conversion went wrong

11. Sovikos

Sovikos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2018
    Canada
    upload_2019-8-13_15-4-39.
    There is mine, and it's the exact same size.

I just used CDNSP format to rename them.

12. Garou

Garou GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 13, 2015
  13. Sovikos

Sovikos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2018
    Canada
    I think we are on the right track now. Looks like my MasterKey 7 is wrong though? Claybook came up fine though with the correct name.
    upload_2019-8-13_19-16-6.

What is the nightly build anyway??

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yeah I fixed my keys.txt to just include what was above, and all seems to be okay with those 3 files. I am going to try to scan a bigger collection of stuff now and see. Thank you so much! Again what is the nightly build? Is someone still working on it?

14. Garou

Garou GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 13, 2015
    yeah it's still being worked on. latest changes was just few days ago
    nightly build is for latest build not officially released in the github release page