Hacking Removing a PSN account and ensuring I stay on 3.60

dooceswild

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I just got a used Vita with 3.6 on it and Henkaku already installed. It has the previous owner's PSN info on it. I'd like my own so I can remote play my PS4.

What steps do I need to take to remove his account and ensure I stay on 3.60?

I have read that I need to restore the Vita in Safe mode, but will this restore, then allow me to log in to my account, without updating?

I do have a PS3 and a PS4 with the same account on it, if one of those are needed.

Also, I was considering purchasing a larger memory card. Should I put this in while restoring the Vita?

Last edited by dooceswild,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
You don't have to update after doing a restore, so just restore as normal, log in, and then setup Henkaku. If the memory card is linked to another account you'll have to have it inserted to restore, but if it's brand new then just pop it in after restoring your own account. It'll link itself/ask to format it so it works with your account.

dooceswild

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have to update after doing a restore, so just restore as normal, log in, and then setup Henkaku. If the memory card is linked to another account you'll have to have it inserted to restore, but if it's brand new then just pop it in after restoring your own account. It'll link itself/ask to format it so it works with your account.
Perfect, I'll start restoring it. So if I go buy a used memory card from Gamestop today and put it in, I can just format it, right? No risk of it being "Linked" to an account as you say above?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
If the memory card happens to have been formatted for a higher firmware Vita, you'll need to boot yours into IDU mode using homebrew so it'll work in your Vita, other than that, it should be fine.

Otherwise, it should just be plug and play. If it is linked to an account, but isn't above the firmware, it'll just ask you to format the memory card which is fine.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Does it have the previous owners credit card details in the PSN account? If so, cash it in son, and get yourself some free legit games!

Anybody who's dumb enough to not log out of PSN before selling a sony device deserves it.

dooceswild

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it have the previous owners credit card details in the PSN account? If so, cash it in son, and get yourself some free legit games!

Anybody who's dumb enough to not log out of PSN before selling a sony device deserves it.
Ha, he's signed out. It basically won't let me do anything - include adding my own PSN account.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.livescience.com/59831-cotton-candy-grapes.html#:~:text=To%20make%20the%20Cotton%20Can...