Question Relinking Nintendo Account?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Fabian Schuchhardt, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Fabian Schuchhardt
    OP

Fabian Schuchhardt Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2015
    Germany
    Germany, Hessen, Bebra-Breitenbach
    Hopefully I am right here ._.

If I unlink my Nintendo Account, can i relink it on the same switch.
    I want to get a new 100 % Homebrew free switch in a couple Months and cause you cannot unlink the Acc on yours switch in some days i want to do it now.
    But in the case I dont want a second switch anymore I wanna be sure, that i can relink it to the same Console again

Sry for my terrible English ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

2. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    You do not link an Nintendo Account to a console, you link it to a User Account on the Switch. What N is doing is not allowing the Nintendo account to be unlinked from a User account on the Switch. The Nintendo Account can be linked to User accounts on multiple Switches but can only be Active on one at a time.

Example I have two legit Switches and two kids. They primarily play their primary Switch but becuase they each have user accounts on both switches linked to their Nintendo Account they can, going forward with the new cloud save feature, “deactivate” their user account on one and then play their eligible saves on the other Switch.

You may want to unlink your Nintendo Account from the hacked Switch because by going online in the future to “deactivate” that account you run a console ban risk.

Last edited by thorasgar, Sep 17, 2018
    Fabian Schuchhardt likes this.
  3. Fabian Schuchhardt
    OP

Fabian Schuchhardt Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2015
    Germany
    Germany, Hessen, Bebra-Breitenbach
    Thx thorasgar for the info^^

Then its time to load my vanilla backup and unlink my Account.