Hacking [Release] TagMo : Tool for creating/editing Amiibos

HiddenRambler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What is TagMo:

TagMo Android app for which allows cloning Amiibos using blank NTAG215 NFC tags. It was created as a result of the "DIY Amiibo cards" thread and all the collaboration that took place in it.
How does it work/Features:
  • Write dump files from legitimate Amiibos into an NTAG215 NFC in a way that WiiU/3DS devices will consider the NFC tag to be a legitimate Amiibo with the same functionality.
  • Save data of a tag to a file and restore it to the same or different Amiibo/Clone provided they are of the same character/game/series.
  • Beta feature: Edit some parameters of a SSB type amiibo allowing you to change special effects, stats etc.
Limitations:
  • Currently only Amiibos are supported Skylander or other figurines are not supported.
  • Only NTAG215 tags can be used to clone Amiibos. no other type (eg: NTAG216/NTAG213) are supported.
  • You will require the key files used in the Amiibo encryption. Please don't PM me about them as I am unable to share them. The thread linked above may help you find them.
  • Once an NFC tag is converted to an Amibo it's type can no longer be altered. For all intents and purposes it's features and limitations will be the same as a legitimate Amiibo. So yes this can not replace Amiiqo or other Amiibo emulator devices please don't waste your time arguing about it.
  • Sadly only android phones are supported.

Requirements:
  • Amiibo Key Files. (See limitations/Don't ask me for these)
    MD5: 45fd53569f5765eef9c337bd5172f937
    SHA1: bbdbb49a917d14f7a997d327ba40d40c39e606ce
  • Some blank NTAG 215 tags (Ebay/Aliexpress)
  • Android phone with NFC (Tested on Nexus 5 running Android Lollipop)
  • Amiibo dumps or real Amiibos which you can copy. (Don't ask me for these)

Instructions

1. Install the file on the phone as usual.
  2. Make sure NFC is enabled.
  3. If this is the first time you run the app. Use the Menu->Load key(s) file to load the key file(s)
  4. Use load tag to load an amiibo dump file, scan tag to scan an Amiibo.
  5. Use "Write Tag (Auto)" and place the phone over a blank NTAG215 tag to write the data and create a Amiibo out of it.

1. Click "Scan Tag" to scan the amiibo.
  2. Click "Save Tag" to save data to a file. (A file name will be generated based on the tag details and saved to the download folder.)

1. Click "Scan Tag" to scan amiibo.
  2. Click "Edit SSB Data" to edit properties related to SSB. Using this on non SSB amiibo will corrupt its saved data. requiring you to restore it from a save file (if you have one) or to reset it. It is recommended you back the amiibo data using the steps above before trying this out.

Development

The app deveplopment is carried out by myself and North101. With Bombastisch helping out with Issue tracking.

Credits
This app is a result of work by many others. Mainly thanks go out to:
  • _Tim_ - The originial idea
  • 1RedOne - support/readme
  • azsde - Bug fixes/maintenance
  • Bombastisch - support and motivation
  • FinalDoom - Bug fixes/maintenance
  • javiMaD - Encryption algo help
  • Kidel - Bug Fixes
  • N3evin - AmiiboAPI data
  • North101 - File browser, Extended amiibo info, QR Code, general cleanup
  • masterchan-777 - Bug fixes/maintenance
  • possi - Wolf link editor
  • socram8888 - Decryotion encryption code
  • Supercool330 - Encryption algo help
  • Others who preferred to remain anonymous.
  • Many more who helped in testing.

Current Release

Version 2.6: https://github.com/HiddenRamblings/TagMo/releases/tag/2.6

Version 2.5.2: https://github.com/HiddenRamblings/TagMo/releases/tag/2.5.2

• Ability to sync latest amiibo database infomation from AmiiboApi.com
  • Option to disable validation of Tags for older/problematic phones (Mainly Samsung)
  • Fix blank tags being identified as Mario.
  • Other minor fixes.
Version 2.5.1: https://github.com/HiddenRamblings/TagMo/releases/tag/2.5.1
  1. Copying data between tags work properly.
  2. Validates that tags are NTAG215.
  3. Validates that tags are Writable.
  4. Layout fixes.
  5. QR codes now use base64 encoding.
Version 2.5: https://github.com/HiddenRamblings/TagMo/releases/tag/2.5
Host of improvements curtesy of North101
  • QR Code scanning.
  • Better detailed Amiibo information display
  • Settings panel
  • Built-in Amiibo file browser (Warning only shows files inside TagMo folder)
  • Logcat generation option for when submitting bug reports.

Version 2.4.0 (beta):
https://github.com/HiddenRambler/TagMo/releases/tag/2.4.0

This release was based entirely on the work of azsde, Kidel, masterchan-777, possi.
Version 2.3.2:
https://github.com/HiddenRambler/TagMo/releases/tag/2.3.2

Version 2.3.1: Fix permission issue
https://github.com/HiddenRambler/TagMo/releases/download/2.3.1/TagMo.2.3.1.apk

Version: 2.3
Binaries: https://github.com/HiddenRambler/TagMo/releases/download/2.3/TagMo.2.3.apk

Source Code: https://github.com/HiddenRamblings/TagMo
Please note that the above is a new source code URL.

Last edited by HiddenRambler, , Reason: Version 2.6
D

Deleted User

Ah man, the times when I wish haI d android. Thanks for this post anyway!

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG that smash feature is awesome! Is there any way to modify those values from the mii fighters in the game save file? Not under the amiibos, but the custom mii fighters?

==edit==
By the way, when I try to save a tag file, it keeps saying, Error writing to file... download..xxx.bin Open failed, EACCESS Permission denied.

Should this app be requesting root privilages or what else can I do from my end?

Last edited by Pecrow,

julienbdes

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didnt try or own any tag but I have downloaded the apk on android 6.0 and it look realy friendly, good job ! :)

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, when I try to save a tag file, it keeps saying, Error writing to file... download..xxx.bin Open failed, EACCESS Permission denied.

Should this app be requesting root privilages or what else can I do from my end?
Yeah, I keep getting the same issue.

Blundermann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did not experience this problem but I remember reading from somewhere, you need to grant file permission to the app.
This is the solution. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7, so this may vary for those using a different phone.

Go to your Settings, then Applications>Application manager>TagMo>Permissions, then switch on "Storage".
wBtpcpW.png

Reactions: Pecrow

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the solution. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7, so this may vary for those using a different phone.

Go to your Settings, then Applications>Application manager>TagMo>Permissions, then switch on "Storage".
wBtpcpW.png
That worked, thank you :D

HiddenRambler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Yeah, I keep getting the same issue.

Sorry about that. I've release 2.3.1 which should fix the issue. It will ask you for permissions on startup of the app.

B.T.W. Pecrow, I've added a check to warn when NFC is turned off specially for you ;).

Last edited by HiddenRambler,

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about that. I've release 2.3.1 which should fix the issue. It will ask you for permissions on startup of the app.

B.T.W. Pecrow, I've added a check to warn when NFC is turned off specially for you ;).
That is cool, thank you for all of the hard work on this, its great!

==edit==
aww you remembered :D lol

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works well. My only wish is to be able to choose where the bin is saved when you save tag, along with being able to rename it before saving. My downloads folder is a mess and I have to save the tag, then go into a file manager and move/rename it every time. I'm not forcing you to, but I do recommend it as it would be very useful. So far I've only tested tag scan, tag save, and tag restore. I'm going to test the SSB editing later, and once I buy a few NTAGs I'll be able to test card creation. I can see this being very useful for when I want to play with amiibos at a friends house but don't want to drag all of my amiibos over to do so.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SSB Editing works perfect, I wish I knew what the special ./<>/^/v meant, but it works perfectly :)

HiddenRambler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Works well. My only wish is to be able to choose where the bin is saved when you save tag, along with being able to rename it before saving. My downloads folder is a mess and I have to save the tag, then go into a file manager and move/rename it every time. I'm not forcing you to, but I do recommend it as it would be very useful. So far I've only tested tag scan, tag save, and tag restore. I'm going to test the SSB editing later, and once I buy a few NTAGs I'll be able to test card creation. I can see this being very useful for when I want to play with amiibos at a friends house but don't want to drag all of my amiibos over to do so.

The save folder customization is something I hope to do soon. It's bugging me as well. Not sure about renaming part but i would atleast try to give more sensible names to them and make them not overwrite existing files.

SSB Editing works perfect, I wish I knew what the special ./<>/^/v meant, but it works perfectly :)
Sorry about that. UI design is hard and I suck at it.
. means the normal special (just b without any directions)
<> means special with sideways
^ is special up
V is special down.

Not all special numbers work with all characters so its a bit of a trial and error. it would be great if we can document what each number means.

Also editing Mii is another todo thing in my list.

Last edited by HiddenRambler,

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The save folder customization is something I hope to do soon. It's bugging me as well. Not sure about renaming part but i would atleast try to give more sensible names to them and make them not overwrite existing files.

Sorry about that. UI design is hard and I suck at it.
. means the normal special (just b without any directions)
<> means special with sideways
^ is special up
V is special down.

Not all special numbers work with all characters so its a bit of a trial and error. it would be great it we can document what each number means.

Also editing Mii is another todo thing in my list.
ahh ok, they are arrows :), Thank you for the details, and regarding the mii editing, that would be nice as well.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Awesome work, 20 mins skimming the thread and the other one and ive just fired up the old Galaxy S3 and within seconds ive got a working Mega yarn Yoshi! Thanks for all your work on the tool. Much appreciated :grog:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr