Hacking [Release] TagMo : Tool for creating/editing Amiibos

Xanek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like @robertorpg94 asked, are we able to use this on real amiibos and edit their save data and re-write it onto the amiibo or is this app solely meant for NTAG215 NFC tags?

FunThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did someone made a ssb link for getting Epona in Zelda BotW ? Mine doesnt worked on WiiU :(

Edit: its working here

but first time i played the end against ganon and there you get epona and epona died in the final fight
on the next day i clicked continue in the game and the last save is in front of the ganon room and epona is again there and did not died in the final fight but after that its impossible to get epona with the amiibo

but with a new earlier save its possible to get epona with the ssb link amiibo

Last edited by FunThomas,

shadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Could someone help me with 2 questions?
1. Is it possible to make my real WiiU Fit Amibo become Wolf Link Amiibo?
2. Does it work on Android 4?

I tried it on Android 4.4.2 with 2.3.4, 2.3.3 and 2.3.2.
2.3.4 and 2.3.3 just crash and 2.3.2 says its done but WiiU says the Amiibo has corrupted and needs to be restored. :(

azsde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello people of gbatemp :)

Some of you are experiencing crashes, it has come to my attention that this is due to the fact that the shared library amiitool wasn't included in the released APK anymore.:huh:

I wanted to correct this issue, and found that a lot of things could have been made better in the creation of this tool.:teach:

I will spare you of the technical details, and for respect to the developer, I won't release my own apk, but I can provide you a link to my github on which you will find a version that should work on any device. (you need to compile it yourself, Android Studio and Google are your friends)

https://github.com/azsde/TagMo

Please note, that due to the fact that I don't have the required NFC tags yet, I couldn't test the app and would appreciate a feedback if someone were to test it.

Also, the SSB Editor doesn't work yet and cause the app to crash.

This is not due to my changes,
I may look into it if I have the time.

Edit: The SSB Editor only works when scanning an original SSB Amiibo, that's why it was crashing, I might rework the app to prevent going into SSB Editor when the loaded tag isn't an SSB Amiibo.

Last edited by azsde,
Reactions: w1ndch1ld

Surrealism

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello people of gbatemp :)

Some of you are experiencing crashes, it has come to my attention that this is due to the fact that the shared library amiitool wasn't included in the released APK anymore.:huh:

I wanted to correct this issue, and found that a lot of things could have been made better in the creation of this tool.:teach:

I will spare you of the technical details, and for respect to the developer, I won't release my own apk, but I can provide you a link to my github on which you will find a version that should work on any device. (you need to compile it yourself, Android Studio and Google are your friends)

https://github.com/azsde/TagMo

Please note, that due to the fact that I don't have the required NFC tags yet, I couldn't test the app and would appreciate a feedback if someone were to test it.

Also, the SSB Editor doesn't work yet and cause the app to crash.

This is not due to my changes,
I may look into it if I have the time.

Hi! Thanks for this. I compiled it and installed it on my Nexus 5 running 6.0.1, this version let me write a tag(I'm using a powertag thing to test, I've heard it works with tagmo). It doesn't crash like the original, it seems to flash and say done, but when I use it on my Switch it just boops at me like it's not valid. If I write it using the powertag tool it works ok. I don't have any blank 215s to test to see if those work.

quantumboy

Casual Hacker, Avid Dreamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a samsung galaxy nexus and I have tried almost all versions of tagmo (and some forks) and all of them crash or give transceiver error when using auto. Does anyone have a fix or hints for this?

azsde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi! Thanks for this. I compiled it and installed it on my Nexus 5 running 6.0.1, this version let me write a tag(I'm using a powertag thing to test, I've heard it works with tagmo). It doesn't crash like the original, it seems to flash and say done, but when I use it on my Switch it just boops at me like it's not valid. If I write it using the powertag tool it works ok. I don't have any blank 215s to test to see if those work.

Well thank you for the feedback, I'm not quite sure about the compatibility of the powertag and TagMo so that might explain why it's not working. I'm going to order some blank 215s to test it.

I've checked that the phone can recognize an original amiibo when scanned, so that's the good side for now I guess.

Edit: Also, I scanned a SSB amiibo, changed its data in the built-in editor, and saved its data onto the original amiibo, the data has successfully been saved. So my guess here is that the powertag is not supported by the TagMo method.

Last edited by azsde,

radasghoul

Trophies
XP
Country
does anyone know why the write auto tag option is greyed out for me? Running android 6.0, checked all the versions of tagmo

Ranmoor

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you try my version ?

You can't if the tag has been locked.

Yeah thought so , tried another nfc app to erase and that says error tag possible locked .. carnt figure out how to write in TagMo without locking it .. any ideas ?

azsde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah thought so , tried another nfc app to erase and that says error tag possible locked .. carnt figure out how to write in TagMo without locking it .. any ideas ?

You can't, if you want your tag to be recognized as an amiibo, you need to lock it.

It's written on the 1st post, you could have read it before posting :)

• Once an NFC tag is converted to an Amibo it's type can no longer be altered. For all intents and purposes it's features and limitations will be the same as a legitimate Amiibo. So yes this can not replace Amiiqo or other Amiibo emulator devices please don't waste your time arguing about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome