Homebrew [Release] ScummVM 3DS

GBAFail

Smell my finger.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works fine for me. Here's my CIA build: https://github.com/Cruel/scummvm/releases/download/3ds/0.1/scummvm-cia-0.1.zip

Let me know if it works okay, I need to fix my EmuNAND as it's not showing installed CIAs on menu lol, but it launches fine from FBI.

Yes, it needs all included files in /3ds/scummvm/ and it will remain that way. (it also stores the .ini config file and game saves there)
There's no icon/header info. Only a banner. Launching it just displays an error screen.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Great work.

Tried only the intro of Day of the Tentacle (CD version English) and Sam & Max (CD version Italian) and both work really fine.

Launching the 3dsx is alittle bit tricky for my, I have a 03DS with 4.5 sysnand and I have to use CN to launch ninjhax1.1, run RXTools, go to Emunand (latest FW), run HB Launcher Cia version and finally run the emulator. But it's worth it :lol:

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work.

Tried only the intro of Day of the Tentacle (CD version English) and Sam & Max (CD version Italian) and both work really fine.

Launching the 3dsx is alittle bit tricky for my, I have a 03DS with 4.5 sysnand and I have to use CN to launch ninjhax1.1, run RXTools, go to Emunand (latest FW), run HB Launcher Cia version and finally run the emulator. But it's worth it :lol:

Dear lord, your process to boot sounds like a nightmare. If you have an EmuNAND, why not install A9LH, or if that long process concerns you, why not use MenuHax to just boot directly into your EmuNAND when you turn on the 3DS.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
It means, you have to have 1 of those apps or demo's installed on your System.
If none is found ScummVM will not run
So basicly, if you want to run ScummVM, install YouTube or MH4U Special Demo / MH4U (eShop) or Super Smash Bros Special Demo / Super Smash Bors (eShop)

Will it permanently overwrite that app? (like FBI injection into H&S), or is it only done in memory while running?

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went ahead and tried the .3dsx, one suggestion I'd say is maybe have the circle pad act as a mouse as well? Like, have it work exclusively to move it so you can maybe have the touch screen in hover mode and then use the circle pad to click+drag manually with A and X.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work.

You don't *have* to do any of that. Do yourself a favor and upgrade to 9.2, then install arm9loaderhax.

Or at least upgrade to 9.2 and install menuhax. Seriously.

This is how you update btw: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update

Just be sure to choose the o3ds firmware pack unless you like bricks.

Last edited by FenrirWolf,

Lan Hikari

Use Code Keem for 20% more cancer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Lan Hikari,

GBAFail

Smell my finger.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well yes but I'll take what I can get at this point TBH
Might as well just use the 3dsx version if you can't exit it without a crash IMO.
His CIA is exactly the same, only has a banner with transparent background.
Well I never said it worked in his. I'd just rather use the legit release. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb