[RELEASE] New FTP Client App

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested a few things. (Music off)

Connected to another Vita:
Transferred saves between Vitas (35 directories, 150+ smaller files) tested games load fine. Tested 6 games and transferred 8 times (4 upload and 4 download).

Connected with a NAS:
Put a 3.5 GB zip file on the NAS server.
Used a vita to access and download the file, then upload again.
Tested MD5 Checksum Hash of original vs downloaded and uploaded from Vita - MD5 Checksum matched.
Ran this test 4 times total - no crashing and the MD5 Checksum matched every time.

Vita went to suspend mode in the app. After waking the vita in the FTP client app, the server files were still in the right panel. I tried to download the file (not connected) - after asking if I wanted to replace, it replaced the 3.5gb file with a 0kb file with the same name.

An OLED froze and then crashed to recovery when trying to connect to a server after suspend/waking. Only happened once, the SLIM did fine.

Reactions: cy33hc

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tested a few things. (Music off)

Connected to another Vita:
Transferred saves between Vitas (35 directories, 150+ smaller files) tested games load fine. Tested 6 games and transferred 8 times (4 upload and 4 download).

Connected with a NAS:
Put a 3.5 GB zip file on the NAS server.
Used a vita to access and download the file, then upload again.
Tested MD5 Checksum Hash of original vs downloaded and uploaded from Vita - MD5 Checksum matched.
Ran this test 4 times total - no crashing and the MD5 Checksum matched every time.

Vita went to suspend mode in the app. After waking the vita in the FTP client app, the server files were still in the right panel. I tried to download the file (not connected) - after asking if I wanted to replace, it replaced the 3.5gb file with a 0kb file with the same name.

An OLED froze and then crashed to recovery when trying to connect to a server after suspend/waking. Only happened once, the SLIM did fine.
Thx a lot for doing the testing. I will look into the suspend issues.

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
v1.20
- Add support for multiple sites
- Fix more random crashes when changing between folders and disconnect from FTP.
- Fixed an issue after suspend and a download happens, it will create a 0 byte file. App will always check if connection exists before upload or download a file.
(Known issue: when opening the field editor multiple times, it can cause a random crash)

Last edited by cy33hc,
Reactions: Anderxale

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last edited by cy33hc,

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v1.21
  • Rebuilt app with imgui-vita library which seem to completely fix the random crash when changing folders. Note: This doesn't fix the random crash in the IME input still.
I can't get 1.21 to run at all.
Tried to use the update function first. Crashed on app start.

Uninstalled and downloaded a fresh v1.21 and installed. Crash on startup.

Tried deleting ftp app from app, app-meta, data and user/00. Uninstalled and then reinstalled. Crash on startup.

Went in the config and disabled music also. Still crashes.

It's just the app crashing at launch c2-12821-1. NOT crashing the vita to recovery.
Can't get it to start on a 3.60 SLIM.

I still have v1.20 - so I'm not stressing. :)

THANK YOU so much for adding multiple sites!!

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't get 1.21 to run at all.
Tried to use the update function first. Crashed on app start.

Uninstalled and downloaded a fresh v1.21 and installed. Crash on startup.

Tried deleting ftp app from app, app-meta, data and user/00. Uninstalled and then reinstalled. Crash on startup.

Went in the config and disabled music also. Still crashes.

It's just the app crashing at launch c2-12821-1. NOT crashing the vita to recovery.
Can't get it to start on a 3.60 SLIM.

I still have v1.20 - so I'm not stressing. :)

THANK YOU so much for adding multiple sites!!
I think you are missing the libshacccg.suprx library. I updated the app to make use of vitagl.

Here is the guide to get that extracted.

https://samilops2.gitbook.io/vita-troubleshooting-guide/shader-compiler/extract-libshacccg.suprx

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
v1.40
  • Added support for languages Dutch, French, German, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese_BR, Russian and Spanish
  • Some UI adjustment to catered for the various languages
  • Add a tooltip to display full filename, while hovering over a file that can't fit in the displayed column
Thx to the following people for the translations @jojahn @dampestwriter @DinckelMan @TheFrutz @hiroSzymon @Fiodorwellfme @AndreDK7 @IlDucci @gastlyy @guiltyKS

Reactions: Flame and Anderxale

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using this - like a lot. LOVE it!

I can't begin to tell you how much this app improves my Vita experience. I can avoid using the computer or phone now. Thank you!

I've noticed the app had the same VitaShell issue with file lengths, but it's not very important. I'm using VitaShell to back up games - and then I try to zip them also in Vitashell. Some games have a really long folder structure address - too long for VitaShell to zip. I tried instead to ftp the game folders and files to my server and the Ftp-Client app shares the folder address length issue - cancels when it reaches the files with really long structures. I get around the issue by rearranging the files before zipping and uploading.

Taking requests?
Perhaps add a feature?

Problem:
I'm moving large files (3GB) and the Vita will go into suspend before the file finished transferring over ftp - suspend breaks the transfer, leaving a partial uploaded hidden file.

Possible solution feature?:
Disable suspend due to Vita inactivity when transferring a file.

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Possible solution feature?:
Disable suspend due to Vita inactivity when transferring a file.
This was something I was afraid would happen, I will disable suspend while file transfer is happening.

I've noticed the app had the same VitaShell issue with file lengths, but it's not very important. I'm using VitaShell to back up games - and then I try to zip them also in Vitashell. Some games have a really long folder structure address - too long for VitaShell to zip. I tried instead to ftp the game folders and files to my server and the Ftp-Client app shares the folder address length issue - cancels when it reaches the files with really long structures. I get around the issue by rearranging the files before zipping and uploading.
Yeah. Not something the app can address if there's limitation in the OS. In fact the app allows file paths up to 1024 chars. But I don't think vita can handle it. Also if your FTP server is running in Windows, it has 260 chars file path limits. Here's link to file path limitations. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/fileio/naming-a-file
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/fileio/maximum-file-path-limitation?tabs=cmd

Maximum Path Length Limitation​

In editions of Windows before Windows 10 version 1607, the maximum length for a path is MAX_PATH, which is defined as 260 characters. In later versions of Windows, changing a registry key or using the Group Policy tool is required to remove the limit. See Maximum Path Length Limitation for full details.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was something I was afraid would happen, I will disable suspend while file transfer is happening.

Incredible!

Yeah. Not something the app can address if there's limitation in the OS. I fact app allows file paths upto 1024 chars. But I don't think vita can handle it. Also if your FTP server is running in Windows, it has 260 chars file path limits.

I figured that may be the issue if VitaShell is still limited by it. I thought maybe it was a choice to preserve memory but it makes sense. I appreciate the time for the detailed explanation.

The way around it will have to be the way I explain to back up games over FTP.

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
**v1.46**
- Disable suspend when a file transfer is in progress. This prevents the VITA going to sleep while transferring large files.

**v1.45**
- Some fixes for Portuguese_BR translation

**v1.44**
- Fix the flicker when open the IME input editor. NOTE: Still can't figure out what's causing the crash after opening the IME multiple times.

**v1.43**
- Added Croatian language translation. This is also a non-standard PSVITA system language, so edit the **"ux0:data/FTPCLI001/config.ini"** file and update the "language" setting to "Croatian"

v1.42
  • Added Catalan, Euskera and Galego translations. These are non standard PSVITA system languages that cannot be auto detected by the application, so users need to edit the "ux0:data/FTPCLI001/config.ini" file and update the "language" setting to either Catalan, Euskera or Galego.
v1.41
  • Added Chinese Simplified/Traditional and Japanese language

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent excellent excellent!
It's pretty obvious with how much I've replied on this thread that I really like this app. I have used it every day since it came out. Thanks!

Notes:
I created some very large zips in VitaShell and uploaded 5.5 GB to my server. This normally would suspend my Vita due to inactivity but it didn't! When I returned to it, the vita was suspend, but only suspend after finishing all uploads. Perfect!

I've updated using the app from 1.2 version to 1.46 successfully from within the app. So useful.

Tried to start the Ftp-Client app after updating and the app told me I was missing the shader! Installed the shader and ftp-client started right up! Heck yeah!

Downloading and uploading to/from Memory Card, SD2Vita, PSVSD and USB work great. Downloading and uploading to/from ux0, uma0 and xmc0 work great!

Finally:
I'm a huge fan of Vita Launcher too so thanks for all your hard work for the Vita.

Last edited by Anderxale,
Reactions: cy33hc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: