OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
https://github.com/cy33hc/vita-ftp-client

preview.jpg

**v1.46**
- Disable suspend when a file transfer is in progress. This prevents the VITA going to sleep while transferring large files.

**v1.45**
- Some fixes for Portuguese_BR translation

**v1.44**
- Fix the flicker when open the IME input editor. NOTE: Still can't figure out what's causing the crash after opening the IME multiple times.

**v1.43**
- Added Croatian language translation. This is also a non-standard PSVITA system language, so edit the **"ux0:data/FTPCLI001/config.ini"** file and update the "language" setting to "Croatian"

v1.42
  • Added Catalan, Euskera and Galego translations. These are non standard PSVITA system languages that cannot be auto detected by the application, so users need to edit the "ux0:data/FTPCLI001/config.ini" file and update the "language" setting to either Catalan, Euskera or Galego.
v1.41
  • Added Chinese Simplified/Traditional and Japanese language
v1.40
  • Added support for languages Dutch, French, German, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese_BR, Russian and Spanish
  • Some UI adjustment to catered for the various languages
  • Add a tooltip to display full filename, while hovering over a file that can't fit in the displayed column
Thx to the following people for the translations @jojahn @dampestwriter @DinckelMan @TheFrutz @hiroSzymon @Fiodorwellfme @AndreDK7 @IlDucci @gastlyy @guiltyKS

**v1.30**
- Add support for multiple languages. Currently only haveEnglish.ini. Please submit translations by using the lang/English.ini file in GitHub as a template https://github.com/cy33hc/vita-ftp-client/blob/main/lang/English.ini
- App won't crash if libshacccg.suprx is missing. Instead it will print a message.

v1.21
- App is now built with imgui-vita which is based on vitaGL.

The app is built with imgui-vita which needs the libshacccg.suprx extracted. If you are experiencing a crash after upgrading to 1.21. Please follow the following guide to get that extracted.

https://samilops2.gitbook.io/vita-troubleshooting-guide/shader-compiler/extract-libshacccg.suprx

v1.20
- Add support for multiple sites
- Fix more random crashes when changing between folders and disconnect from FTP.
- Fixed an issue after suspend and a download happens, it will create a 0 byte file. App will always check if connection exists before upload or download a file.
(Known issue: when opening the field editor multiple times, it can cause a random crash)

v1.14
  • added compatibility with VitaShell FTP server
  • display the app version in the Title
v1.13
  • Fix a potential crash when changing folder
  • Fix an infinite search loop
**v1.11**
- Add ability to use the L1/R1 buttons to move between the Local and Remote file browser

**v1.1**
- Add progressbar indicator when uploading/downloading files
- Add tooltip to local/remote directory field to display full path
- Show date/time in the local user timezone in the Properties dialog
- Remove the "." and ".." folder returned from some implements of the LIST cmd

**v1.0**
Initial Release

Last edited by cy33hc,

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried to log into my NAS and it worked! This is amazing!

The music isn't bad. :)

Tried to enter a folder 3 deep and crashed - perhaps a name or didn't like. I'll try some more.

This is amazing! Thanks for this so far!

It's like FileZilla for Vita if it works.

2e940e3648d5603fc74b2499fcdfa0cd.jpg

It remembered my NAS login info!

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Config file found under ux0:data/FTPCLI001. Can edit the config.ini and disable music. Change 1 to 0. :)

Let me know if the crash is repeatable in the same folder.
It did crash again, I'm moving the directory closer to root. Also I'm removing parenthesis that were in the directory title.

Thanks! Testing again.

Downloading a file from NAS now! Wish there was a progress bar or % but beggars can't be choosers!

Finished downloading thefile from my NAS! It was a zipped vita game. I used VitaShell to unzip it and it plays!

I'll try moving files and checking MD5 sums after using it but.... This is Amazing!! Thanks!!
1a53d570f736ce40da821129d805ae7e.jpg

Last edited by Anderxale,

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It did crash again, I'm moving the directory closer to root. Also I'm removing parenthesis that were in the directory title.

Thanks! Testing again.
I created file with parenthesis and it's fine. How long are the folder name? Individual and combined after 3 folder.

Maybe the length of the full path is too big to fit inside the applications buffer

Reactions: Anderxale

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I created file with parenthesis and it's fine. How long are the folder name? Individual and combined after 3 folder.

Maybe the length of the full path is too big to fit inside the applications buffer
The document structure was
10.0.0.208:21 MyDocs/Downloads (Dump)/

There are 11 directories in there (different game system names without special characters).

So 'Downloads (Dump)' has both space and parenthesis. I thought I'd remove both by moving it to root and it worked.

My NAS is also a very cheap NAS and starts slow sometimes. Maybe a timeout crashed it?

An EXCELLENT EXCELLENT release even if it stays at 1.0 . I've wanted this forever. Thanks again.

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The document structure was
10.0.0.208:21 MyDocs/Downloads (Dump)/

There are 11 directories in there (different game system names without special characters).

So 'Downloads (Dump)' has both space and parenthesis. I thought I'd remove both by moving it to root and it worked.

My NAS is also a very cheap NAS and starts slow sometimes. Maybe a timeout crashed it?

An EXCELLENT EXCELLENT release even if it stays at 1.0 . I've wanted this forever. Thanks again.
OK. Thx. Let me try create that folder like yours and test. Slow NAS won't crash the app.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are up for suggestions:

-Some kind of file progress (maybe every 30 seconds) It took maybe 2 minutes to download a 100mb game from my NAS. A large large file might confuse a user on if it froze.

-A way to save a few different ftp servers.

Really doesn't matter though if these features make it or not. Ftp client first for the Vita.

I'm going to try a transferring with a vita hosting on VitaShell and a vita using this. Uploading and downloading.

This is exciting.

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK. Thx. Let me try create that folder like yours and test.

As soon as I remove the space the issue is gone.

'/MyDocs/Downloads(Dump)' is fine

39b88a3a85d4b8157900e09dd7113419.jpg
I see a problem. Your NAS is including the "." and ".." folders which I'm not expecting.

This is a little technical, buy I'm currently I'm using the "LIST" cmd of the FTP protocol which can be very different implemented by different vendors. I'm going to switch to using "MLSD" which is going to be the standard format.

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
**v1.1**
- Add progressbar indicator when uploading/downloading files
- Add tooltip to local/remote directory field to display full path
- Show date/time in the local user timezone in the Properties dialog
- Remove the "." and ".." folder returned from some implements of the LIST cmd

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
v1.13
v1.11
  • Add ability to use the L1/R1 buttons to move between the Local and Remote file browser

Last edited by cy33hc,

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v1.13
v1.11
  • Add ability to use the L1/R1 buttons to move between the Local and Remote file browser

1.11 was crashing my slim last night. 1.13 seems good on everything I've tried so far! Dang, just saw the VitaShell bug.

% Transferred is awesome!
L and R is a really nice touch.
I appreciate the hard work.

I have a couple ftp locations to remember, so it would really be helpful if the app can save more than 1 server login information. For instance, I have a NAS and a PSTV as ftp servers and I'd like to switch between them when using your app on a Vita.

I currently just use a few configs with different servers in them and rename them that server name - I name them back to config to use that server.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a workaround for FTP-Client to VitaShell bug (in v1.13).
Might help track down the main issue.

Workaround for VitaShell and Ftp-everywhere plugin:
Start the ftp app.
Before logging into VitaShell ftp server from the app, change Remote directory to /ux0:/ (or whatever partition you want - ur0 works)
Log into VitaShell server - will start within /ux0:/ and the files will be listed and accessible.

I hope this helps.
15edaea68c4b80d1343db0c52c78a249.jpg

e548e62d5f6df4419533bac6551e1da1.jpg

551e3aedd1859745130fcd5588cbf26f.jpg

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually the Ftp-Client app to VitaShell ftp on another Vita bug (Ftp-Client v1.13) workaround is easier than that.

Workaround:
Before or after logging into the VitaShell server (didn't matter), if you change the directory to the exact naming convention it works.

ux0: - directory must be written /ux0:/
uma0: - directory must be written /uma0:/

Don't hit the .. folder from the root of the drive or it will crash (don't try to back out of ur0:, ux0:, etc).

You can navigate to other mount points (ux0:, ur0:, uma0, etc) by changing the mount point in the Directory address bar. Doing this many times will crash the app.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really cool when it works.

I was playing around with it tonight and I noticed that it constantly crashes into recovery the SLIM and OLED I'm testing this app on. I'll see if it crashes the PSTV as much as the Vitas tomorrow.

I've uninstalled and deleted the leftover folder in data, reinstalled and had the app crash both Vitas into recovery the very first time starting the app after reinstall.

The VitaShell update is amazing. 145 files with obscure names (save files) in 45 directories of different depths. Perfect download and perfect upload (PSTV serving, vita client 1.14).

Seems to crash more with my NAS than with the PSTV serving. But it crashes just as app start with a new config too.

cy33hc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really cool when it works.

I was playing around with it tonight and I noticed that it constantly crashes into recovery the SLIM and OLED I'm testing this app on. I'll see if it crashes the PSTV as much as the Vitas tomorrow.

I've uninstalled and deleted the leftover folder in data, reinstalled and had the app crash both Vitas into recovery the very first time starting the app after reinstall.

The VitaShell update is amazing. 145 files with obscure names (save files) in 45 directories of different depths. Perfect download and perfect upload (PSTV serving, vita client 1.14).

Seems to crash more with my NAS than with the PSTV serving.
Try disabling music. That's the only thing that I can think of that would cause a crash on startup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night