Homebrew Official [Release] kit-kat 2.0 - Wireless Capture-card

donneee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i definitely highly suggest to just use a router or a dongle if you need a closer/exclusive connection. my router has like 2-3 less fps then my dongle but is generally more stable. only problem is it's not an exclusive connection for my 3ds so it lags when i have guest over using the wifi. wifi extenders imo don't work as one would think.

it's adding a hop in your network path to throw and fetch data from your pc to 3ds. no need to add extra latency.

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
is anyone else having a bottom screen flicker issue?

https://files.catbox.moe/ykdjkw.mp4

never had an issue on CTR-V-1.2.1.0, is there a way to ignore updates?
Seems like a TCP Packet issue, Its indexing from -1 rather than +1 each time it fetches a "image" (packet) making it show the one before last one shown, then the new one making it look like its flickering, Usually rebooting your 3DS and re-downloading Boot NTR Selecter would fix this issue.

Xanek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ShinyMK Okay first of all, a complaint. Is there a way to make it not auto-update every time you push out an update or something? Gets kind of annoying + settings never save, plus it doesn't even notify you that you're going to download the update, which I feel like should be added instead of forcing an update upon launching it by letting us confirm if we want to update or not.
I also see this as a VERY BIG security problem.

It would be nice to use a older version if newer versions break instead of having to be forced to use the most current up-to-date version...

Second, NTRViewer comes up blank now on v1.3.0.1, no gameplay no nothing, worked perfectly fine on 1.2.2.0 before I was forced to update.
It connects, 3ds flashes, ntrviewer opens, nothing on NTRViewer

Last edited by Xanek,

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
@ShinyMK Okay first of all, a complaint. Is there a way to make it not auto-update every time you push out an update or something? Gets kind of annoying + settings never save, plus it doesn't even notify you that you're going to download the update, which I feel like should be added instead of forcing an update upon launching it by letting us confirm if we want to update or not.
I also see this as a VERY BIG security problem.

It would be nice to use a older version if newer versions break instead of having to be forced to use the most current up-to-date version...

Second, NTRViewer comes up blank now on v1.3.0.1, no gameplay no nothing, worked perfectly fine on 1.2.2.0 before I was forced to update.
It connects, 3ds flashes, ntrviewer opens, nothing on NTRViewer
Ok first of all im sick of people saying stop force updating - Its forced and its staying end of.
If an older version worked for you then this one will be better. Placebo Effect.
If CTR-V/NTRViewer ever gives a white screen then its to do with YOUR connection - NTRViewer's code is ALWAYS exactly the same each release. So if its not working, then its YOU not CTR-V/NTRViewer.

If it's not working, Look at the common errors at the bottom of OP.

Xanek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First: Common errors don't say anything about my problem, if you actually had read it and read the common errors that you've put down then you would have noticed that my problem isn't on there.

Second:
Wow really? So hypothetically one day you can force an update that has a virus or something and we'll never know about it just because you don't want to add an option to let us choose to update or not. You cannot say "i'll never do that", since what if on the off-chance you lose access to the program or something happens that others could manipulate it to force updates on people who have the program without your consent?
Choosing whether or not to update a program isn't a bad thing, what is wrong with not being able to choose to update or not?
You're going to keep on getting this request down the line no matter what.
Like I said, a potentially big security problem.

You also say it's a placebo effect.
Afaik you've said this to quite a few responses that complains about the program or those who say that an older version worked fine.
You literally don't give us an option to test if an older version works so how can you say placebo effect if we can't even access the older version??

So what made NTRViewer stop showing anything then if it is the same as always?
It worked perfectly fine on CTR-V 1.2.2.0 two days ago before I tried doing it again today.
Nothing has changed on my computer or my 3DS

Giving simple excuses like it's a placebo effect isn't an acceptable reason for why things don't work and you should know that.
There are many programs out in the world that don't work with some versions but work on others, old or new.

I love the program and I know you're putting work into CTR-V by yourself, but some choices and your responses are kind of off-putting.
Sorry if a request of adding an option to not auto-update is a hassle, but at least consider it in the future

Edit:
So apparently it was a firewall issue, sorry about that, but the rest I said i'll still stand by.

Last edited by Xanek,

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
First: Common errors don't say anything about my problem, if you actually had read it and read the common errors that you've put down then you would have noticed that my problem isn't on there.

Second:
Wow really? So hypothetically one day you can force an update that has a virus or something and we'll never know about it just because you don't want to add an option to let us choose to update or not. You cannot say "i'll never do that", since what if on the off-chance you lose access to the program or something happens that others could manipulate it to force updates on people who have the program without your consent?
Choosing whether or not to update a program isn't a bad thing, what is wrong with not being able to choose to update or not?
You're going to keep on getting this request down the line no matter what.
Like I said, a potentially big security problem.

You also say it's a placebo effect.
Afaik you've said this to quite a few responses that complains about the program or those who say that an older version worked fine.
You literally don't give us an option to test if an older version works so how can you say placebo effect if we can't even access the older version??

So what made NTRViewer stop showing anything then if it is the same as always?
It worked perfectly fine on CTR-V 1.2.2.0 two days ago before I tried doing it again today.
Nothing has changed on my computer or my 3DS

Giving simple excuses like it's a placebo effect isn't an acceptable reason for why things don't work and you should know that.
There are many programs out in the world that don't work with some versions but work on others, old or new.

I love the program and I know you're putting work into CTR-V by yourself, but some choices and your responses are kind of off-putting.
Sorry if a request of adding an option to not auto-update is a hassle, but at least consider it in the future

Edit:
So apparently it was a firewall issue, sorry about that, but the rest I said i'll still stand by.
Lmao not reading all of this shit, If you have a problem with how I run my software dont use it - Worried about a virus? Use an Anti-Virus, its not like I force open it once its downloaded.

Also I can say its a placebo effect, because I coded the damn updates so I know whats changed, and each update since 1.2.0 there hasnt been a SINGLE change that can just magically make it worse.

Also your edit, See? When stuff stops working, they instantly crack down blaming the program or the dev.

CGNetwork

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think my router and wifi extender don't work best for capturing my N3DS XL screens at all. Going to have to invest on a great and cheap secondary router.

Reactions: PRAGMA

Xanek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lmao not reading all of this shit, If you have a problem with how I run my software dont use it - Worried about a virus? Use an Anti-Virus, its not like I force open it once its downloaded.

Also I can say its a placebo effect, because I coded the damn updates so I know whats changed, and each update since 1.2.0 there hasnt been a SINGLE change that can just magically make it worse.

Also your edit, See? When stuff stops working, they instantly crack down blaming the program or the dev.
Yet your reaction and your responses is at best the worst a dev can be toward their users.
I hope you change the way you respond because people will just come to think that you're just an ass, but you probably don't care anyways. So go ahead and keep on saying placebo effect so you can be happy.

Anyways at least you can put that in your FAQ to check firewall if NTRViewer shows nothing

Last edited by Xanek,

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Yet your reaction and your responses is at best the worst a dev can be toward their users.
I hope you change the way you respond because people will just come to think that you're just an ass, but you probably don't care anyways.

Anyways at least you can put that in your FAQ to check firewall if NTRViewer shows nothing
I wasnt being mean or anything lol soz if it looks it, Just stating facts.

Duckling

Sorry for being dumb ;(
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Everything apart from the "Streamer" works on o3DS.
Awww man apparently NTR 3.4 is only for the N3DS therefore I am unable to do the darn thing :( I guess I'll have to wait for the dude to release a port where supported for the o3DS :(( ;(

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
inb4 underclocked edition of CTR-V for O3DS.
...I hope this is a joke because you can't stream with an o3DS.
Awww man apparently NTR 3.4 is only for the N3DS therefore I am unable to do the darn thing :( I guess I'll have to wait for the dude to release a port where supported for the o3DS :(( ;(
Hence why he said the "streamer" didn't work for o3DS. o3DS will never be able to use NTR streaming due to the lack of power that the n3DS has. Just get a n3DS and put CFW on it.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,
Reactions: Duckling

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... I tried it despite it all and I got a white screen on NTRViewer. I'm guessing that that means that it didn't work
It didn't work for the reason I stated above.
Yeah. You'll probably have to get a New 3DS XL for it. 3.4 of BootNTR is only designed for it.
There is no "probably" about it. They WILL have to get a n3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I have lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And I havent watched Brotherhood yet
    It was watchable, not sure what my favorite Anime is hmmm
    Castlevania or Baki probably
    Robotech was good
    DBZ I liked up until Cell after that it got too weird
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My youtube comment got 2k likes achievement unlocked
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, i also watch my hero academia and rewatching dragón ball starting from the og series
    Oh also loved Vanhellsing
    And Vanhellsing abridged lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Aurora Borealis?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY, LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR KITCHEN?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    jokes aside, anyone else who saw the northern lights tonight, what did you think, i thought they were beautiful for a while, before it went to a vague pink
    maybe later they'll pick up again
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went out and tried to see, but I'm too south, and its too cloudy, bummer
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    too far south? it goes down to alabama tonight
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry about the clouds btw, the sky is clear here rn
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe just too cloudy for me then, Idk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its neat tho, I seen it years ago when I was visiting Canada.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking