Homebrew Official [Release] kit-kat 2.0 - Wireless Capture-card

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but it doesn't seems to work for me, maybe I'm doing something wrong. All I have to do is just setting on joytokey the commands and connect via kitkat? I'm doing that but the 3ds doesn't recognize the Circle Pad Pro

are you using any other part of kitkat? if not, just use the pc client of input redirection. kitkat doesnt always work for me either.

LtGreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
are you using any other part of kitkat? if not, just use the pc client of input redirection. kitkat doesnt always work for me either.
Sorry maybe I'm just tired, but don't I need to use kit kat to use the joystick on the 3ds? I didn't download kit kat from the github, maybe that's the problem and I'm missing something? Now when I try to connect the circle pad pro, the commands overlay the commands of the other pad and the console tells me the circle pad has been disconnected

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry maybe I'm just tired, but don't I need to use kit kat to use the joystick on the 3ds? I didn't download kit kat from the github, maybe that's the problem and I'm missing something? Now when I try to connect the circle pad pro, the commands overlay the commands of the other pad and the console tells me the circle pad has been disconnected
Hmm. Isn't kitkat doesn't have compatibility to New3DS inputs?

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

nope your not missing anything for kitkat, but there is an input redirection program for windows, so id just use that.

LtGreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nothing it won't work, maybe I'm missing some passage on my 3ds, the right stick keeps overlaying the left one and it doesn't get recognized as cpad

Edit: I just realized I wasn't clear maybe lol I am trying to configure the right stick to work as the control pad pro, to control the camera, i just realized that the redirection program doesn't have this funtionality, as kit kat. Should I give up? I'm sorry to be such a bother, but I wasted one afternoon preparing my 3ds for this (my laptop is slow) and I hope I haven't wasted time ahahah

Last edited by LtGreen,

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing it won't work, maybe I'm missing some passage on my 3ds, the right stick keeps overlaying the left one and it doesn't get recognized as cpad

Edit: I just realized I wasn't clear maybe lol I am trying to configure the right stick to work as the control pad pro, to control the camera, i just realized that the redirection program doesn't have this funtionality, as kit kat. Should I give up? I'm sorry to be such a bother, but I wasted one afternoon preparing my 3ds for this (my laptop is slow) and I hope I haven't wasted time ahahah

no problem. however, as It looks like this may be one of the final versions of kit-kat, I wouldn't get your hopes up If i were you. if you really want to use an external controller, and arnt afraid of hardmodding, id go for a gc3ds setup. at the moment, its game cube controller only, but that may change one day.

LtGreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
no problem. however, as It looks like this may be one of the final versions of kit-kat, I wouldn't get your hopes up If i were you. if you really want to use an external controller, and arnt afraid of hardmodding, id go for a gc3ds setup. at the moment, its game cube controller only, but that may change one day.
Bummer. Thank you very much, you've been very helpful :D I'll settle for this configuration then

Reactions: HamBone41801

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
I have issues when running IR. I wanted to play Smash 3DS with an Xbox 360 Wired Controller but it doesn't want me to connect. Other games like 3D Land or Luigi's Mansion work fine but not Smash Bros? Pls help.
o3DSXL
Smash Bros doesnt work with NTR, As it runs under Extended Memory mode it overwrites NTR.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am running NTR3.4 with NTR Selector and when I am trying to connect to my 3DS using kit-kat, my 3ds upper screen flashes a purple color then in the kitkat app it gives me an "access denied" message. any thoughts?
Thats a strange issue, never seen it before. Try run kit-kat as an admin. If that doesnt work then something is blocking kit-kat in some way.

Hi sorry to bother all of you, I'm loving kit-kat so far, but I have a little problem, I can't figure out how to use the second pad of the xbox joystick as the circle pad pro. Is it possible to do so? I'm playing kingdom hearts 3d and it would be nice to use the second pad
You cant unfortunately, You could try bug @KazoWAR to implement it lol but he probably cant.

kit-kat's redirect is a pain use an application to change the other you stick to keyboard buttons presses, and then just use it in keyboard mode. thats the only way it works for me. joytokey is the app i use.
Yeah but it doesn't seems to work for me, maybe I'm doing something wrong. All I have to do is just setting on joytokey the commands and connect via kitkat? I'm doing that but the 3ds doesn't recognize the Circle Pad Pro
You guys should use DS3Windows for PS3 Controllers, DS4Windows for PS4 Controllers, and Xbox 360/One Controllers (Wired/USB) works with no applications, all you need is to install the driver for the controller (Google).
You have to keep the IR tab Open for it to work at all.

Hmm. Isn't kitkat doesn't have compatibility to New3DS inputs?
Thats correct.

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smash Bros doesnt work with NTR, As it runs under Extended Memory mode it overwrites NTR.

Thats a strange issue, never seen it before. Try run kit-kat as an admin. If that doesnt work then something is blocking kit-kat in some way.

You cant unfortunately, You could try bug @KazoWAR to implement it lol but he probably cant.

You guys should use DS3Windows for PS3 Controllers, DS4Windows for PS4 Controllers, and Xbox 360/One Controllers (Wired/USB) works with no applications, all you need is to install the driver for the controller (Google).
You have to keep the IR tab Open for it to work at all.

Thats correct.
there is a new ntr that lets you use ntr on o3ds in extended memory games, but i haven't been able to get it to work with input redirection since it seems once you enable ntr, if you try to change games it freezes so i cant get a game to work after running the patcher.

MaelstromAlpha

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
First off.. I love kit-kat! Thanks for all the hard work on this project, it is my go to for NTR streaming :) Probably a silly question that has been answered elsewhere... But is there any way to force a stable 30fps from NTR streaming? I usually get somewhere between 35-50fps depending on the game and how much is going on, but while recording/streaming it looks pretty bad due to the variable frame-rate. If there is a possibility of forcing a framecap of 30fps in order to smooth out the output, I would love to see it happen! Obviously 60fps is the dream, but I know that is unrealistic unless some major performance breakthrough happens with the NTR streaming code.

Last edited by MaelstromAlpha,
Reactions: DarkSynopsis

matrixhero259

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I need some help. I have a laptop and just got a Xiaomi Wifi USB 8GB and hope to do the wifi dongle trick. Though the instruction is quite confusing and the Connectify software poured a bluescreen error to my laptop. Can anyone help me with step to step setting up the network to best work with kit-kat please? Thanks!

GameInCanada

Trophies
Website
www.nintend.news
XP
Country
Canada
Just wanted to show my love for kit-kat, its too epic and simple -been using it for a bit now to replace nitrostream, tried uwpstreamer but just doesnt seem to work as well for me. Thankyou for adding my demo vid pragma. hope it can help someone maybe whos trying to use the wiiu pro controller.
the homebrew scene is off the chain right now keep the good stuff coming

aenoch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to show my love for kit-kat, its too epic and simple -been using it for a bit now to replace nitrostream, tried uwpstreamer but just doesnt seem to work as well for me. Thankyou for adding my demo vid pragma. hope it can help someone maybe whos trying to use the wiiu pro controller.
the homebrew scene is off the chain right now keep the good stuff coming
Nether this or uwpstreamer work for me uwp dosebt even connect

DecheadM8

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, whenever i try to stream 2 3DS's At the same time, NTRViewer crashes and when i relaunch it, it tries to display both 3DS Screens in the same viewer, causing it to look really glitchy and the quality drops to 0% and the framerate turns awful. I have a pretty decent router(Netgear D7800). So what can i do to make it work? i do have a wifi card i can set as a hotspot but not sure how to configure properly. Any help is appreciated.

The Gonz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ShinyMK I love this app. Any time I use it I notice my CPU usage is super low. Along the lines of 2-3% usage. Just awesome.

I tested the UWPStreamer app and it uses 15-17% which is odd until I did a side by side comparison. It seems like UWPStreamer is doing some sort of post processing on the image. There are clear differences between the two. I don't have the images with me at work but I can upload them if you want to see.

Anyway, do you plan to add any sort of post processing into Kit-Kat?
Again, I love this utility and thank you so much for creating it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT