Homebrew [release] HomeMenuHax

pokemonshuffler12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i install themhax through the browserhax, and when i turn it off, and then press L while turning on the old 3ds, nothing happens, it just boots it like normal. All it does is change the color theme every time i log into the home menu, what could be the problem?

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i install themhax through the browserhax, and when i turn it off, and then press L while turning on the old 3ds, nothing happens, it just boots it like normal. All it does is change the color theme every time i log into the home menu, what could be the problem?
Sounds like you have shuffle themes off. Select a regular theme without theme shuffle.

Run the installer after doing so. It should fix it

pokemonshuffler12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you have shuffle themes off. Select a regular theme without theme shuffle.

Run the installer after doing so. It should fix it
Nvm SOLVED it, i forget everytime it says changing theme(i changed the theme) will uninstall it. It apparently works not just by turning the 3ds on and off. IT works by when your turning or exiting an app, or even exiting homebrew itself, can trigger it. Anything that makes the screen turn black is enough, or home button.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nvm SOLVED it, i forget everytime it says changing theme(i changed the theme) will uninstall it. It apparently works not just by turning the 3ds on and off. IT works by when your turning or exiting an app, or even exiting homebrew itself, can trigger it. Anything that makes the screen turn black is enough, or home button.
Best way to launch it is to press power button until power off screen shows up and then press home button then immediately holding L shoulder button down.

smisk42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah LOAD_THEMEDATA is definitely kinda buggy. I was able to get a custom theme loaded with homemenuhax but the home menu randomly freezes when I move over certain icons. I think we're better off waiting for the next update..

LoneFlo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
When I compile themehax_installer 1.3 everything works fine, but when I try to add a theme with THEMEDATA_PATH I get a black screen or the homemenu crashes... If someone solved the problem... ^^'

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quick question (Apologies if this has already been asked) Can you rename the Gateway launcher.dat to boot.3dsx to use it with themehax? Just so I could cold boot into Gateway mode.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I don't know why that 1.3 SD has more themehax-booting freezes on my platform:

- 9.2.0-20J
- 1.3SD installed by Ninjhax 2.1b
- No-button setting (A -> Touch Screen configured)
- CtrBootManager 0.5 or 0.7
- rxTools 02/10/2015

From recent 10 power-ons, themehax booting froze 8 times.

But I only have 1 freeze of 10 power-ons with official 1.2 installed by Ninjhax 1.1b.

I think I should back to 1.2.

BTW, freezing only happened on themehax booting.
rxTools booting was always fine.

Last edited by MelonGx,

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I don't know why that 1.3 SD has more themehax-booting freezes on my platform:

- 9.2.0-20J
- 1.3SD installed by Ninjhax 2.1b
- No-button setting (A -> Touch Screen configured)
- CtrBootManager 0.5 or 0.7
- rxTools 02/10/2015

From recent 10 power-ons, themehax booting froze 8 times.

But I only have 1 freeze of 10 power-ons with official 1.2 installed by Ninjhax 1.1b.

I think I should back to 1.2.

BTW, freezing only happened on themehax booting.
rxTools booting was always fine.
For me, ThemeHax working pretty fine, and with a very low rate of failures (close to zero, I could say). I use to load the masher's HBL.

I think your booting problem is not related with the exploit itself, but with rxTools/CFW booting. Please, try now booting normal/original HBL "boot.3dsx" file and see what happens!

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
For me, ThemeHax working pretty fine, and with a very low rate of failures (close to zero, I could say). I use to load the masher's HBL.

I think your booting problem is not related with the exploit itself, but with rxTools/CFW booting. Please, try now booting normal/original HBL "boot.3dsx" file and see what happens!
Just did 10 bootup with Smea's Ninjhax 2 Starter Pack's boot.3dsx.
OK, Freeze, Freeze, Freeze, OK, Freeze, Freeze, OK, OK, Freeze
All powered-on, no soft reset.

I have to abandon 1.3 and go back to 1.2.

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Just did 10 bootup with Smea's Ninjhax 2 Starter Pack's boot.3dsx.
OK, Freeze, Freeze, Freeze, OK, Freeze, Freeze, OK, OK, Freeze
All powered-on, no soft reset.

I have to abandon 1.3 and go back to 1.2.
Go ahead, then, and try!

Apostrophe

VIDEO GAMES
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible (if this doesn't exist yet), to have HomeMenuHax boot the payload by default? And only boot into the System menu if the L button IS held? This would just be as simple as switching an if else statement in the source right?

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Would it be possible (if this doesn't exist yet), to have HomeMenuHax boot the payload by default? And only boot into the System menu if the L button IS held? This would just be as simple as switching an if else statement in the source right?
Indeed, on this thread there are posted some versions with autoboot method (as you said)!

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Sometimes the 1.2 installation automatically gives you no-button.
But sometimes it doesn't.

To force it giving you the boot-type you want, you can only use 1.3 with the configuration currently.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Sigh