ROM Hack [Release] Gen 1 Pokemon VC wild encounter DV NTR Overlay

evo25.1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This new way helps by showing the DVs of the Pokémon in Bill's PC any simplifies the plugin and number of offsets we use by 21.

I really think the tradeoff was worth it for the one minor inconvenience.
oh wow that's awesome definitely worth the trade off then. plus is not so bad going to the summary screen

Reactions: Veund

MegaBoyEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
anyone have any issues with the plugin?
Actually, not sure if this was this way before, but I couldn't disable the popups manually.
Pressing L does not disable the popup during battle, which makes pretty annoying playing the full game with the plugin.
I remember playing Yellow version and I could totally control when to enable/disable the popups.
Not sure if it's a bug or intentional.

Just let us disable the Wild Pokemon popup with L during battle, and I think it should be good.

Last edited by MegaBoyEXE,

MegaBoyEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@MegaBoyEXE it has automatically poped up for a wile now, it automatically pops up on a number of conditions and that was a design decision, but ill see what i can do
No problem in auto-popup, if you let us disable right after it appears.
I just would like to be able to disable the Wild Pokemon popup once the battle starts. It will appears when battle starts, then I press L to disable it and continue the battle normally, without frame rate delays. I will not care doing this EVERY time a battle starts.

The current behaviour is ok if you're hunting for a specific species DV, but when it comes to playing the full game it's pretty annoying. For instance, going through Ilex Forest was really annoying, because I don't care about DVs of caterpies, I just wanted to cross the section and wild encounters were pretty common.

Besides this specific behaviour, everything is fine!

Last edited by MegaBoyEXE,

shadowofdarkness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I agree with the no forced on overlays because I find this plugin basically unusable due to delay on the official gen 2 VC releases.
I'm also going to make a test build when I get time that removes stuff like Hidden Power and Nature to see if the removal of those calculations can bring the plugins performance to a usable state.

Reactions: Majickhat55

Veund

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with the no forced on overlays because I find this plugin basically unusable due to delay on the official gen 2 VC releases.
I'm also going to make a test build when I get time that removes stuff like Hidden Power and Nature to see if the removal of those calculations can bring the plugins performance to a usable state.

I'm having no problem with normal use on the non overclocked n3ds, I have recorded 5 episodes of gold using the plugin for my youtube, for me its no different to the travelers versions. but a lite version of the plugin could also be handy to have.

agreeing with @MegaBoyEXE having the ability to disable the wild battle one during a battle could be a good idea, ill have a look and re familiarize myself with the code properly and see if i can remember whats up there, from memory we are just checking if its in battle and if it is then it opens the battle screen and closes the others.

i just started working on an idea, ill let you know how i go

Reactions: MegaBoyEXE

Veund

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@shadowofdarkness @MegaBoyEXE

I have a solution to the problem megaboy has put forward i have made it so you can toggle on and off the auto opening by pressing Dpad up+ left trigger in the version attached
as of right now this only happens in pokemon battles and not the daycare

Attachments

• DV_Calc_source_1.0.3U-beta2.zip
    608.1 KB · Views: 276

MegaBoyEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
good to hear, when its enabled it still forces open the wild pokemon screen though but this keeps everyone happy

Just notice that the dafault now is auto disabled for battles. If you would like to keep default as auto enabled, I see no problems.
Also, did this version breaks compatibility with RBY versions? Tested for Yellow too and no overlay appears.

Veund

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it shouldn't i didn't even touch the Pokemon R/B/Y part of the code Try it with Blue or red? I'm going to give it a shot

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@MegaBoyEXE its only Pokemon yellow that's broken, I think I know why as well, its the same reason yellow always breaks

Veund

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I thought i knew why yellow was broken, but it turns out i actually don't, @shadowofdarkness turns out it was broken in the update you sent me that I uploaded to the main post, so it broke between version 1.0.2 and the current beta we are testing, i went back and tested it

in the most recent version you changed the _ver variable?
#define __ver (*(vu32*)0x0880014f) /*Game Version Location variable*/ (1.0.3)
#define __ver (*(vu16*)0x0880014b) /*Game Version Location variable*/ (1.0.2)

oh I see why you did that now, sorry these messages are broken up, I keep looking into things then work out whats up before I press send

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@shadowofdarkness @MegaBoyEXE found the problem it was a simple mistipe

I have fixed in the attached version and will update the op

Attachments

• DV_Calc_source_1.0.3U-beta3.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 284

MegaBoyEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ok I thought i knew why yellow was broken, but it turns out i actually don't, @shadowofdarkness
I have fixed in the attached version and will update the op
I confirm that Yellow is fixed, and Gold is OK.
Unfortunately those are the only games that I own, so I can't test other versions.

As a final suggestion from me: to keep consistent between all versions, the GS versions should not auto open overlay in Party screen, as we can manually open in Stats page. This is how RBY works, and it's good this way.
I didn't used other features like roaming or day care, but I'm pretty satisfied with the beta3.

Veund

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MegaBoyEXE i tested the other versions thanks for letting us know about yellow, I think that is done so that is you are soft resetting for shiny starters, saving you seconds from opening the status screen, the reason its probably not implemented in RBY is because it wasn't possible due to limitations, what i will do is add it to the auto toggle thing like wild pokemon, at the day care it should also auto open when you enter but as I'm not up to that yet in my game I cant test it, but once I am ill also add it to the auto toggle.

the question is should we have 3 toggles or just one?, one is easier, but 3 inst that complicated

MegaBoyEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@MegaBoyEXE

the question is should we have 3 toggles or just one?, one is easier, but 3 inst that complicated
Since it's impossible to have all 3 overlays auto popup at the same time, I would go with a single toggle for auto popup.
Chances are that the user will enable auto popup during a specific times, but not all at the same time. (ie. reseting for shiny starters; or soft resetting a static legendary; or checking for a good egg)
I see those operations are mutually exclusive, so a single toggle should be enough when it is needed.

Veund

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so this version should disable all auto opening and closing, I also decided to have it on by default and the toggle turns it off.

I thought this would be better for new users and shiny hunting starters I'll update the op when its been tested for the daycare

Attachments

• DV_Calc_source_1.0.3U-beta-4.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 381

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/Rx-KuevU4h4?si=1MoSvL-y5fFFHf58 Damn kinda sad for Iran +1