ROM Hack [Release] Gen 1 Pokemon VC wild encounter DV NTR Overlay

shadowofdarkness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you make an overlay that shows info about where the roaming pokemon is? So we wont have to open the screens that show it each time?

The roaming Pokemon overlay does say if it's on the same route you are via a (!) Making at the bottom right. That's the best that can be done since unless you step on the same route as it you would never catch it due to it moving whenever you change routes.

But it does work in a couple tests just leaving the overlay on and walking back and forth over a route border has never taken more than a few minutes.

sorry if i am disturbing but would it work with every compatible game

Yes

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
New version to test that changes the version detection to make it easy to add more gen 2 languages. This should support all gen 1 languages and for gen 2 English for all three GSC plus Spanish just for Crystal so far.
If possible please test @Patxinco as this should end the need to make you special builds
Just tried with this version, Crystal Traiver version is working perfect, red/blue are also doing it, but yellow spanish version is not working.
I noticied that ou don't need to enable debugger anymore, it works from scratch!!

This project is starting to be amazing!!!

shadowofdarkness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Was Spanish Yellow working in the last version? So I know if something I did broke it or if it never worked. Veund was the one to get other languages working for gen 1 and I haven't even tested them.

Veund

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was Spanish Yellow working in the last version? So I know if something I did broke it or if it never worked. Veund was the one to get other languages working for gen 1 and I haven't even tested them.
Just tried with this version, Crystal Traiver version is working perfect, red/blue are also doing it, but yellow spanish version is not working.
I noticied that ou don't need to enable debugger anymore, it works from scratch!!

This project is starting to be amazing!!!
sorry i have been away for a wile ill test my spanish yellow with the latest in the op

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot get these to work no matter what I do. I have the folders in the correct location (I know because I also have a Pokemon Moon cheat that DOES work), I'm pretty positive I got the title ids correct for the folders, and the .plg file is inside, but I don't get any overlays ingame. I'm on a Japanese n3DS with FW 11.4, but I've tested both English and Japanese versions of the game, and neither work. I'm using the latest stable luma and NTR 3.5. How should I make sure I didn't do anything wrong?

shadowofdarkness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I cannot get these to work no matter what I do. I have the folders in the correct location (I know because I also have a Pokemon Moon cheat that DOES work), I'm pretty positive I got the title ids correct for the folders, and the .plg file is inside, but I don't get any overlays ingame. I'm on a Japanese n3DS with FW 11.4, but I've tested both English and Japanese versions of the game, and neither work. I'm using the latest stable luma and NTR 3.5. How should I make sure I didn't do anything wrong?

Have you tried the generic /plugin/game directory to make sure the titleid is not the problem?

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure exactly what you mean. Is there just a directory you can put plugins in and then you can select them at load time or something?

Veund

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone!!!

Sorry for the lack of response on the post as of late but sometimes life gets in the way.

I have been looking into the Pokemon yellow bug here the plugin doesn't work on the English versions of the game i know why this is happening and i have attached a plugin to this post labeled 1.0.1U.

note as this fixes the English versions this does not fix international versions of the game.

the reason for this from what i can tell is that at 002a26d7/8 on the us version we check to see what international version it is for us its hex value 3830 but oddly enough we have to check hex value 002a36d7/8 on the international versions i have the beginnings of an idea on how to fix this problem but it may take some time, until then use the attached file for English yellow functionality.

Attachments

• DV_Calc_1.0.1U.zip
    883 KB · Views: 368
Reactions: RustInPeace

Veund

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Veund,
Reactions: RustInPeace

shadowofdarkness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Currently I can't find offsets. If anyone would be nice enough to help by finding a offset I should be able to adjust the rest by the same difference and get this working with Gold & Silver.

xemmo

Trophies
XP
Country
1.0.3U-beta has been added as a separate download in the original post still diagnosing some lag on O3ds
only the DV_Calc source is there in 1.0.3U unlike DV_calc 1.0.2 which has source and install plugin unless i'm mistaken

Veund

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only the DV_Calc source is there in 1.0.3U unlike DV_calc 1.0.2 which has source and install plugin unless i'm mistaken
Yes the plugin is in the root directory of the plugin folder i didnt put all the effort to sort it as its a beta and not exactly stable

Reactions: evo25.1

evo25.1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
its a little laggy as @Veund said but its usable, just wondering if its possible to make the DV's show before entering summary screen like i did in the traiver's G/S/C injections that would really help in the official G/S releases

shadowofdarkness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
its a little laggy as @Veund said but its usable, just wondering if its possible to make the DV's show before entering summary screen like i did in the traiver's G/S/C injections that would really help in the official G/S releases

This new way helps by showing the DVs of the Pokémon in Bill's PC any simplifies the plugin and number of offsets we use by 21.

I really think the tradeoff was worth it for the one minor inconvenience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse