Hacking [RELEASE] - DiscDump.py Python Disc Dumper

Conn0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to try out your app but Skylanders is taking forever to dump, I've been at it for 16 hours and its not done with the nfc figure data yet. It hasn't even gotten to the game data yet. Hopefully starfox isn't taking you this long.
Maybe your sd card is shite

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Oh, I was looking for a direct disc dumper since forever, my local network is pretty inestable so ddd takes forever, thanks pretty much for this OP :3

balteck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yes, but that is only the ticket. To install a game you need encrypted files (the files used with wupinstaller), while this dumps decrypted files (loadiine-ready).
Have you tried to encrypt the dump with the same key extracted from signed ticket and use this one to install the encrypted game with wupinstaller?. I think that only title.tik, title.cert and title.tmd are signed, not all .app, .h3 encrypted with nus packer

Inviato dal mio HTC One M9 utilizzando Tapatalk

Jow Banks

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does this "fix" the issue that DDD has of not correctly dumping the COS.XML?
I read the reason DDD dumped games cannot be converted into redNAND installable because COS.XML is missing data.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this "fix" the issue that DDD has of not correctly dumping the COS.XML?
I read the reason DDD dumped games cannot be converted into redNAND installable because COS.XML is missing data.
I'm currently testing to see if a dump made with this method will properly pack and install to redNAND. If I am correct it should create a 1:1 dump of the game as it doesn't require dumped items to be loaded into ram first by the game. If cos.xml is the only thing causing issues, I could probably write another script to just dump that, but I have a feeling it's also caused by incomplete dumps due to the way DDD works.

isira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does not appear NUSPacker can create installable files from those dumped by DiscDump (dumped my copy of SteamWorld Collection). However, I could be doing things wrong.

I am using a CFW created from here for what I believe is sysnand sigpatch. WUPInstaller y mod keeps giving me error 0xFFFBF442 (Verify WUP files are correct & complete) when I attempt to install to USB, with and without the CFW.

I was able to get my dumped copy of SteamWorld Collection packed and installed using dimok's sigpatched sysnand CFW.

Last edited by isira,
Reactions: zeldaism

zeldaism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does not appear NUSPacker can create installable files from those dumped by DiscDump (dumped my copy of SteamWorld Collection). However, I could be doing things wrong.

I am using a CFW created from here for what I believe is sysnand sigpatch. WUPInstaller y mod keeps giving me error 0xFFFBF442 (Verify WUP files are correct & complete) when I attempt to install to USB, with and without the CFW.
Your supposed to use this version. https://github.com/dimok789/iosuhax Compile with this command "make cfw"

Reactions: isira

M tha MaN

Trophies
Website
www.psxtools.de
XP
Country
Germany
Just tried dumping my NSLU, but it can't get the meta.xml:

Code:
C:\Users\M tha MaN\Desktop\wupclientgui>DiscDump.py
Connecting to wupserver
Connected!
Mounting SD
0x257042
0xfffcffeaL
0x0
Mounted! Mounting optical disc content
0x258042
0xfffcffeaL
0x0
Downloading meta.xml to obtain title ID
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\M tha MaN\Desktop\wupclientgui\DiscDump.py", line 39, in <modul
e>
  ret = w.dl("/vol/storage_odd_content/meta/meta.xml")
TypeError: dl() takes at least 3 arguments (2 given)

C:\Users\M tha MaN\Desktop\wupclientgui>

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried dumping my NSLU, but it can't get the meta.xml:

Code:
C:\Users\M tha MaN\Desktop\wupclientgui>DiscDump.py
Connecting to wupserver
Connected!
Mounting SD
0x257042
0xfffcffeaL
0x0
0x258042
0xfffcffeaL
0x0
Downloading meta.xml to obtain title ID
  File "C:\Users\M tha MaN\Desktop\wupclientgui\DiscDump.py", line 39, in <modul
e>
  ret = w.dl("/vol/storage_odd_content/meta/meta.xml")
TypeError: dl() takes at least 3 arguments (2 given)

C:\Users\M tha MaN\Desktop\wupclientgui>
Use the official wupclient.py, not ones bundled with other mods (which I believe you are doing based on the folder name "wupclientgui")

M tha MaN

Trophies
Website
www.psxtools.de
XP
Country
Germany
Use the official wupclient.py, not ones bundled with other mods (which I believe you are doing based on the folder name "wupclientgui")

I did that. Now this Error comes up:

Code:
C:\Users\M tha MaN\Desktop\NSLU>discdump.py
Connecting to wupserver
Connected!
Mounting SD
0x1c8042
0xfffcffeaL
0x0
  File "C:\Users\M tha MaN\Desktop\NSLU\DiscDump.py", line 32, in <module>
  ret = wupclient.mount_odd_content()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'mount_odd_content'

Last edited by M tha MaN,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did that. Now this Error comes up:

Code:
C:\Users\M tha MaN\Desktop\NSLU>discdump.py
Connecting to wupserver
Connected!
Mounting SD
0x1c8042
0xfffcffeaL
0x0
  File "C:\Users\M tha MaN\Desktop\NSLU\DiscDump.py", line 32, in <module>
  ret = wupclient.mount_odd_content()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'mount_odd_content'
This might sound like a stupid question but I have to check:
You do have a disc in the Wii U right?
Also make sure you have the latest wupclient.py which can be found on dimok's iosuhax github
https://github.com/dimok789/iosuhax

Reactions: M tha MaN

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyberquakem thanks for the link at that site. ;) I have a question. You said it dumps straight to SD card but why is my Ethernet USB Dongle going crazy as if its being transferred over the network? is it just sending commands to the wii u drive and that's why my wii u Ethernet adapter led lights are so active?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyberquakem thanks for the link at that site. ;) I have a question. You said it dumps straight to SD card but why is my Ethernet USB Dongle going crazy as if its being transferred over the network? is it just sending commands to the wii u drive and that's why my wii u Ethernet adapter led lights are so active?
It sends the status to the pc. That's why you see every item that is currently being dumped.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sends the status to the pc. That's why you see every item that is currently being dumped.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I got it..I have one more question. My wii u auto powered down, during the dump. I'll have to turn off the autopower down in the settings. will the dump resume, once it sees the 2gb worth of files, already dumped? or will it write over the files and start from scratch?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it..I have one more question. My wii u auto powered down, during the dump. I'll have to turn off the autopower down in the settings. will the dump resume, once it sees the 2gb worth of files, already dumped? or will it write over the files and start from scratch?
Unfortunately wupserver is too simple to detect that, and I can't think of any good way to do that with wupserver and python.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there...