[Release] Devil Survivor Overclocked Undub

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Canzah, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Canzah
    OP

Canzah GBAtemp Fan

Jul 8, 2012
    Poland
    This is my second 3DS release, another undubbed game.
    This will replace the English voiceovers in DeSu OC with the original Japanese ones.

You need Gateway or a 3DS with 4.5 CFW in which case you'll have to convert the rom to CIA yourself.
    You will also need the original Devil Survivor Overclocked US-Region ROM (Shin_Megami_Tensei_Devil_Survivor_Overclocked_USA_3DS-VENOM).

How to patch your ROM with the Undub Patch:
    1. Open unpack all the files from the archive into a folder and place your DeSu OC ROM in it as well.
    2. Run xdeltaUI.exe and select "Apply Patch" tab.
    3. Press the "Open" button next to the Patch section and pick one of the two undub variant patches.
    4. Press the "Open" button next to the Source File section and pick your DeSu OC ROM.
    5. Press the "..." button next to the Output File section and pick where to save the patched ROM (for example DeSuOC.3ds).
    6. Press the "Patch" button on the bottom and wait until the process is completed (it will take a while depending on your PC).
    7. You will get a message once the patching process has been completed, then you go and play your newly patched undubbed ROM.

I will not be providing pre-patched ROMs in the topic as it's now allowed by the forum rules.

Download Link for the Undub Patch here:
    *link removed due to moderator's demand*

I'm also currently looking for someone willing to help reverse engineer the 3DS .moflex video format, so that I can properly finish my SMT4 Undub.
    I need a way to swap audio streams of the .moflex files, so that I can replace audio stream from the English version's movies with audio stream from the Japanese movies.
    If there's anyone willing to help, please contact me.
    Also looking for someone willing to share SMT4 US-region DLC (preferably all of it), again contact me by PM please.

I wasn't and won't be able to undub Soul Hackers due to a peculiar way in which the game stores the voices.
    Thankfully Soul Hackers has a great dub, which is a rare sight from Atlus USA, and personally I prefer the dubbed version of SH anyway. Not to mention it's more fitting since the game is very 80s cyberpunk in nature and focuses on Native American mythology.
    Persona Q will be my next target once it comes out.

EDIT:
    Since moderators are inept and unable to realize that it's impossible to make a simple batch for the process (due to a lot of manual work with the files, it's not a simple copy and paste of Jap audio) and the fact a live 3DS is required to even decrypt the roms in the first place, I recommend everyone who wants this undub to simply go to ****** and grab it there. Alternatively Blackcats if you have an account.

Kasmow, Margen67, Azebu and 10 others like this.

2. Askedforthis

Askedforthis GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2013
    Norway
    All hail the undub master!

Fantastic work, Canzah. Really good work!

Hopefully Persona Q will be pretty easy to undub. If you need help unpacking or need information about the process you can ask me, I've already unpacked the Japanese game and listened to some of the voice files already and they seem pretty straight forward to replace. End of November couldn't come faster!

In the meantime, Overclocked undub!

[​IMG]

Margen67 likes this.
  3. Canzah
    OP

Canzah GBAtemp Fan

Jul 8, 2012
    Poland
    I unpacked it too, but I actually cannot figure out the AFS2/HCA format that PQ uses. My usual HCA tools ain't working.
    So I might just ask for your assistance on this one. Hit me up on PM if you can.

4. Ashtonx

Ashtonx n0l1f3

Oct 31, 2013
    Poland
    ^_^ Damn awesome and fast :D

Margen67 likes this.
  5. tjexp

tjexp Happy New Year!

May 20, 2012
    England
    Good job

Margen67 likes this.
  6. LinkmstrYT

LinkmstrYT ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dec 16, 2013
    United States
    You wanted to see where I live? You stalker...
    YES! :D

Margen67 likes this.
  7. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Not particularly interested in either game but keep up the awesome work!

Margen67 and cearp like this.
  8. LinkmstrYT

LinkmstrYT ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dec 16, 2013
    United States
    You wanted to see where I live? You stalker...
    Then you're pretty much missing out. ;)

9. yonex204

yonex204 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 27, 2006
    Canada
    Thank you sir,
    just tried it out and it sounds great!
    Keep up the good work
    I look forward to your future releases :D

10. Abcdfv

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    I tried both games, didn't enjoy them. Smash has most of my attention now anyway, and then it will be Monster Hunter 4U

11. Canzah
    OP

Canzah GBAtemp Fan

Jul 8, 2012
    Poland
    Perhaps JRPGs aren't for you then.

12. Abcdfv

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    I like Etrian oddessy

13. Canzah
    OP

Canzah GBAtemp Fan

Jul 8, 2012
    Poland
    Then I can't see why you don't like SMT seeing as Etrian Odyssey is a simplified and casual version of SMT.

14. Ankoku

Ankoku Member

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2010
    Malaysia
    Hmm, does the US version have the same freeze bug as the EU version?
    The game frozed when I was analyzing one of the field disks.
    Had to hard reset and found my save needs to be formatted, lost a 24 hour save from that.
    RIP Hecate Holy Dance spam.

15. Canzah
    OP

Canzah GBAtemp Fan

Jul 8, 2012
    Poland
    No, the bug is exclusive to EU version.
    There is a 1.1 patch for EU version on eShop that fixes the bugs.

16. OrangeFlavored

OrangeFlavored Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2010
    United States
    How did you repack the ROM? There are some games I would like to try to undub if possible. There are tutorials on how to repack into a .CIA but can't figure out how to repack it back into a .3DS file.

17. Canzah
    OP

Canzah GBAtemp Fan

Jul 8, 2012
    Poland
    Using Makerom which is available on this forum.

18. taha1990

taha1990 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2013
    United States
    did anyone convert the game to cia AFTER applying the patch? both this game and SMT IV refuse to give a proper exefs or romfs I tried by using the automated tools and even manually

19. Canzah
    OP

Canzah GBAtemp Fan

Jul 8, 2012
    Poland
    They're 0 key encrypted so you need to use that.

20. taha1990

taha1990 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2013
    United States
    totally forgot about the 0 key lol. I used to either work in a decrypted folder or usual game dumb
    Okay I need a little help here. In the ctrtool I need to put the common key to 0 by what I did was using a file with a 32 hex full of 0 and didn't accept it ( don't face palm please ..lol)
    How can I make the ctrtool to extract romfs.bin?