Hacking [RELEASE] Custom Firmware Switcher (rxTools MOD)

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i boot pressing X the games don't show up at all (i think that is because i have unlinked nands).
I am installing the games wrong?

The funny point is that i used to play my GBA games with rxPasta and your mod @Chelsea_Fantasy in my o3ds XL and i don't have to boot pressing x at all. THe GBA Games work flawless in Emunand 9.8 with rxPasta. Why?

D

Deleted User

When i boot pressing X the games don't show up at all (i think that is because i have unlinked nands).

The funny point is that i used to play my GBA games with rxPasta and your mod @Chelsea_Fantasy in my o3ds XL and i don't have to boot pressing x at all. THe GBA Games work flawless in Emunand 9.8 with rxPasta. Why?
Install the games on your sysNAND, otherwise they won't show up there.

Reactions: Chelsea_Fantasy

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba

try to re-pasta in your SD the fresh downloaded files. rxTools gets modified when it runs in a 3ds for some reason.
before re-paste the files delete the HWCF1.BIN and/or HWCF2.BIN

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try to re-pasta in your SD the fresh downloaded files. rxTools gets modified when it runs in a 3ds for some reason.
before re-paste the files delete the HWCF1.BIN and/or HWCF2.BIN

Trying that right now. Let's see.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Tried it again, the same error.

Just testing, i am gonna use the rxPasta old version that i use on my 3DS xl, let's see if the gba games run just fine.
If yes, i am gonna try to patch the agb_firm .cia again.

LOL got the same error with rxpasta.
Just patched agb firm again, now i will gonna try to install it again with fbi on my emunand.

error... i have 100% sure that i patched AGB firm right, and installed fine with FBI...
My 3DS is japanese and i have a USA emunand, that make a difference?

Reactions: Chelsea_Fantasy

Chelsea_Fantasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Trying that right now. Let's see.

Tried it again, the same error.

Just testing, i am gonna use the rxPasta old version that i use on my 3DS xl, let's see if the gba games run just fine.
If yes, i am gonna try to patch the agb_firm .cia again.

LOL got the same error with rxpasta.
Just patched agb firm again, now i will gonna try to install it again with fbi on my emunand.

error... i have 100% sure that i patched AGB firm right, and installed fine with FBI...
try this:
taka a fresh SD
format emunand
install fbi / brm / soon (any CIA installer will work)
update your emunand if necessary
install the AGB_FIRM
install a GBA Game
it works for me with 9.5

maybe, try what I told you, but it should not be a problem

D

Deleted User

But i am run all my GBA games NORMALLY on my emunand with O3DS and RxPasta(didn't updated it yet to RXTools 2.5.2...).
try this:
taka a fresh SD
format emunand
install fbi / brm / soon (any CIA installer will work)
update your emunand if necessary
install the AGB_FIRM
install a GBA Game
it works for me with 9.5
Is that possible without format emuNAND? I've done so much on my emuNAND.

Chelsea_Fantasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Nothing for me too. Tried even with the last rxpasta version.
I do not know why, please upload to mega a video showing what you do detail by detail, please
then, send me a PM with a link (try to do a small video aroun 70MB, not need to be a HD one, a mp4 SD will work)

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not know why, please upload to mega a video showing what you do detail by detail, please
then, send me a PM with a link (try to do a small video aroun 70MB, not need to be a HD one, a mp4 SD will work)
Ok, I will do the video tomorrow ASAP. Question- I installed the gba Cia AFTER the install of patched agb firm cia. This detail don't interfere with the problems after all, right?

Chelsea_Fantasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Ok, I will do the video tomorrow ASAP. Question- I installed the gba Cia AFTER the install of patched agb firm cia. This detail don't interfere with the problems after all, right?
delete the AGB_FIRM with FBI and install the patched AGB_FIRM then

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Chelsea_Fantasy
Reading the past three pages about GBA games not working in emunand, I'm having the same exact issue here on my O3DS.
My nands are unlinked and I'm trying to play GBA games on emunand 9.8. I already uninstalled/installed patched AGB_Firm and even switched to GBA mode using this mod. When I boot a game (Pokemon Emerald, or Pokemon Fire Red), I get an error screen and it asks me to power off. I'm gonna try other GBA games, maybe the pokemon games just don't work.

Out of stupidity, I thought I read somewhere that you need GBA games on both sys and emu nands to use it on emunand. So I installed the patched AGB_Firm on sysnand and tried installing a GBA game cia (In Dev Mode, using the health and safetey app for FBI), and it gets an error not letting me install the game in SD destination. But when I switch to NAND destination, the games install fine. I'm glad this didn't brick or anything o_0

Last edited by MattKimura,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: