Hacking [Release] CPU Clock Configure Plugin for NTR CFW (New3DS Only)

perkel

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello, I´ve got a quick question. Do I need to enable the CPU plugin every time, lets say, after I´ve put the N3DS into sleep mode?
thanks.

When you start the game you need to change cpu clock. Everytime. Sleepmode on other hand does nothing to NTR. So if you play game with boosted clock then it should work after you wake up device.

Doing that in home menu does nothing nor it will automatically change clock upon starting game.

NTR needs to be applied everytime you start 3ds not everytime after you put in on sleep.

Reactions: Zephir1991

theross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It was recently found that New3DS's CPU clock runs at 804MHz when running system menu or playing New3DS-only titles (i.e. Xenoblade), which is about 3x faster then Old3DS.
However, when running games for old3ds, New3DS will set its clock-rate to 268MHz and disable the additional 2MB L2 cache to simulate the Old3DS's behaviors.

This plugin allows you configure the cpu clock rate and enable the additional L2 cache, which could improve the performance of Old3DS titles running on New3DS hardware. From a simple test, the MGS3 game was more than 2x faster on loading scenes.
I haven't test this plugin on other games, please tell me if you have tried it.

Usage:
Copy cpuclock.plg to /plugin/home in the sdcard.
Boot NTR and start the game, after the Nintendo 3DS logo disappeared and game screen was displayed, choose the 'CPU Clock' item in NTR Menu.
Select the last configure for the best performance, the first one is the default configure for running Old3DS titles.

See Also:
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Hardware

Hey cell9 - is it possible for you to provide us the code?
I'd love to code something neat for my gateway - cheat engine :)

xErwin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Tested in Attack on titan humanity in chains better performance without 3d but in 3d no changes

masterz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe you can explain to me why you aren't allowing the 2x multiplier even though it's allowed according to the flags page itself, why isn't that one of the options? According to the wiki the options are 268mhz, 536mhz, or 804mhz so clearly it's there. Also why isn't this kind of option in the plugin, you're clearly writing to the register(s) to do what you're doing so why not let people use slightly slower clocks to further battery life but reducing load times.

here's a direct link to the registers that I believe that you're editing since there's no source code included with the release I cannot myself go in and edit the thing.
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/PDN_Registers#PDN_MPCORE_CLKCNT

Last edited by masterz87,

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
maybe you can explain to me why you aren't allowing the 2x multiplier even though it's allowed according to the flags page itself, why isn't that one of the options? According to the wiki the options are 268mhz, 536mhz, or 804mhz so clearly it's there. Also why isn't this kind of option in the plugin, you're clearly writing to the register(s) to do what you're doing so why not let people use slightly slower clocks to further battery life but reducing load times.

here's a direct link to the registers that I believe that you're editing since there's no source code included with the release I cannot myself go in and edit the thing.
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/PDN_Registers#PDN_MPCORE_CLKCNT
You're wasting your time posting here. @cell9 rarely visits GBAtemp, his last post was January 22nd.

I'd suggest sending him a PM, or better yet opening an issue on GitHub.

BasedIndex

splendid
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
Been using this for a long time along with https://github.com/Shadowtrance/BootNTR/releases
NTR works but this plugin stopped working for me after a9lhax/10.6 emunand, I don't really know what caused it.
Any possible fix? Can't play mgs3 without this. Maybe possible per game configuration option too?
update:
I hear that cell9 aka 44670 is inactive here on gbatemp any way to contact him?
Cheers.

Last edited by BasedIndex,

xErwin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

xErwin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I remember seeing two options of "cpu clock speed" have I been using two plugins at the same time? I can't tell.
On topic - I've been using plugin from the OP.
delete plugin folder on your sd card than download 3.3 version and put it on sd card.

Worked for me!

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Been using this for a long time along with https://github.com/Shadowtrance/BootNTR/releases
NTR works but this plugin stopped working for me after a9lhax/10.6 emunand, I don't really know what caused it.
Any possible fix? Can't play mgs3 without this. Maybe possible per game configuration option too?
update:
I hear that cell9 aka 44670 is inactive here on gbatemp any way to contact him?
Cheers.
I'd suggest sending him a PM, or better yet opening an issue on GitHub.

yodenny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey question here so I'm using n3ds xl and I still get lag on Pokemon when I have 3d turned on is this normal with oras even though I have it overclock?

also not sure if this is right but the bottom two are enabled and I can't seem to change anything when I press a it just go back to the previous screen is this normal?

Last edited by yodenny,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: j