Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
@173210 I wanna hear your plan of plugin support. That is .. a little outstanding.
0.No functions provided by Host. Plugin just gets the functions included, as how NTR plugin does. Then just get its entrypoint, allocate enough memory to load it.
1.Host program offers some common used functions, such as FATFS/FS, Crypto to Plugin. With SDK header, and the structure including those function pointers set, Plugin could get all offered functions. It is too simple, and sort of ugly. Once the offered functions increased, the structure would be affected.
2.Host offers functions, but Plugin must request them. When loading plugin, it checks the functions' string requested (such as "setaes", "f_mount"..) and prepare the pointer array. Once loaded, plugin gets those functions' addresses from the array/structure passed and uses them. You could even make libraries plugin that others depends on, just let it pass what it offers once loaded. Similar as above, still need a binary format, but no real structure would be totally affected.
3.If you prefer ELF format and are quite an expert on playing with it, you are free to go. I don't know the difficulty of loading/parsing an ELF (cause my poor experience). The methods listed above surely aren't so perfect, but you could use main in plugin (and get the code to be a plain binary).
Hope you could face fewer barriers on the way to it.

Zap Rowsdower

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can get it from the respective title cia file too as i found out the other day. :)
this command does the trick... ctrtool.exe -p -t cia --contents=content "ciafile.cia"
Just a quick note here. If this route is an option for you, b1l1s and I have figured out that you're going to want to use a build of ctrtool from https://github.com/Relys/Project_CTR/tree/master/ctrtool
this repository.
%100 operational Ninjhax 1.1b on a New 3DS with just a few clicks and no cartridge at all is pretty sweet!

20mark

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Orkna

Trophies
XP
Country
Could the same be done with Ironhax (Ironfall via cia)? I have managed to install the save exploit using the YouTube app. The thing is that Ironfall won't boot with the Cakes for Cubic Ninja (cia). You only get the Nintendo 3DS loading screen indefinitely and have to force shutdown. It starts with other cfws but you can't launch anything "fun" from the hb launcher. ;)

But why would I care? It works great from CN cia. ;) It's just fun with new entrypoints.

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
Your CFW is awesome , it's actually the most perfect N3ds' CFW for now
Thanks alot,

I hope for better GUI and easier way to have firmkey.bin & firmware.bin in the future

Last edited by memomo,

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Could the same be done with Ironhax (Ironfall via cia)? I have managed to install the save exploit using the YouTube app. The thing is that Ironfall won't boot with the Cakes for Cubic Ninja (cia). You only get the Nintendo 3DS loading screen indefinitely and have to force shutdown. It starts with other cfws but you can't launch anything "fun" from the hb launcher. ;)

But why would I care? It works great from CN cia. ;) It's just fun with new entrypoints.

I don't think ironhax/ninjhax 2.0 are able to boot other CFWs either.
At least, iirc, brahma only works with ninjhax up to 1.1, and I don't think anybody's about to fix that.

I hope for better GUI and easier way to have firmkey.bin & firmware.bin in the future

Easier way to get firmkey.bin? Was already on my todo list.
Easier way to get firmware.bin? There's no way around that, I'm afraid.
"Better" GUI? Not interested in doing that. The current one does it's job just fine and that's what it's there for. That said, you can go ahead and rice your menu.c to draw a background or change the text colors. (Sorry for this suckless-like philosophy of "configure your program by modifying it's source", but the menu is the least of my worries, tbh.)

Last edited by mid-kid,

Orkna

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think ironhax/ninjhax 2.0 are able to boot other CFWs either.
At least, iirc, brahma only works with nijhax up to 1.1, and I don't anybody's about to fix that.

Ironhax does not seem to use ninjhax. It's something new?

Well. I'm very happy with Cakes as is. Thank you!

Last edited by Orkna,

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ironhax does not seem to use ninjhax. It's something new?

Nah, just like everyone who doesn't want to duplicate work, he probably used the same code as ninjhax 2 after gaining control over the entrypoint, of course, adapting to some quirks of the entrypoint. Either way, ninjhax 2 is shown at the top when booting ironhax,

Reactions: Orkna

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm straight but we can whack dicks together