[Release] BootRom Dumper (A9LH Only!)

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everybody, calm yourselves. If the file name "aprilfools.bin" didn't give it away, this is an April fools joke. I opened all three of my dumps in HxD and guess what? None matched. Don't store garbage on your PC, none of this is legitimate. But, that is to be expected when April first is tomorrow, possibly today for them. So let's all take a step back, and realize, this isn't the saving grace of the 3ds scene!

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Everybody, calm yourselves. If the file name "aprilfools.bin" didn't give it away, this is an April fools joke. I opened all three of my dumps in HxD and guess what? None matched. Don't store garbage on your PC, none of this is legitimate. But, that is to be expected when April first is tomorrow, possibly today for them. So let's all take a step back, and realize, this isn't the saving grace of the 3ds scene!
Bootrom encryption changes every boot, Ninty implemented it as a security feature. If you decrypt it the'll all be the same.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wouldn't even be that amazing if we did have the bootrom dump, other than nand decryption and encryption, which really isn't needed since A9LH with CFW does pretty much what everyone wants.
The permanant CFW sounds nice. But if its true that these dumps are just encrypted randomly each boot. It only will be a matter of time until it gets done. (If this is actually real)

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wouldn't even be that amazing if we did have the bootrom dump, other than nand decryption and encryption, which really isn't needed since A9LH with CFW does pretty much what everyone wants.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Plausable, but I doubt it. I get a lot of 0Fs in the file.
True, but, the presumed BootRomLoaderHax could provide a permanent CFW. Let that sink in.
Bootrom encryption changes every boot, Ninty implemented it as a security feature. If you decrypt it the'll all be the same.
So I suppose it would truly be a futile effort to work on a bootrom dumper?

Soon arm9loaderhax will be peasants and menuhax will just be irrelevant
MenuHax? Is that still a thing? Seriously, after switching to A9LH, I think you all can agree, MenuHax is just inferior in every way shape and fashion!

Reactions: Raylight

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A9LH is already pretty much permanent CFW. You will never even boot into sysNAND unless you really want to XD
Well yea, i guess so. But we more than likely would need a9lh installed already to just install this "bootromhax" thing if it ever comes to existance

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Well yea, i guess so. But we more than likely would need a9lh installed already to just install this "bootromhax" thing if it ever comes to existance
Part of the point of bootrom is permanent CFW without a9lh. I'm looking into making this stable w/o arm9 (thanks @Supster131 for the source :))

Reactions: Supster131

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu