ishygdaft

A mystery wrapped in an enigma
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After the plugin is on the root of your SD card how do you activate it

the file structure should be /root/plugin/gameID(numbers)/cheat.plg
As for activating and using it. When you boot up the game you want to use your plugin for, right after the 3ds logo you should see a quick flash of green. That means your plugin loaded. Then, if you got a cheat plugin with a menu you can just press X and Y to get into the NTR menu, otherwise, use the button combo the plug in wants you to use.

Last edited by ishygdaft,

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the file structure should be /root/plugin/gameID(numbers)/cheat.plg
As for activating and using it. When you boot up the game you want to use your plugin for, right after the 3ds logo you should see a quick flash of green. That means your plugin loaded. Then, if you got a cheat plugin with a menu you can just press X and Y to get into the NTR menu, otherwise, use the button combo the plug in wants you to use.
oh man thanks for the info

Reactions: ishygdaft

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No problem man, just know this... NTR cheat plugins are scarce, you can find them but don't expect them for anything super obscure.
That was true at a period but now there's a lot of plugins available, and the number keep raising !

You can find a plugin in various place like this forum, this wiki, speedfly and a lot of others places over the internet. ;)

ishygdaft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was true at a period but now there's a lot of plugins available, and the number keep raising !

You can find a plugin in various place like this forum, this wiki, speedfly and a lot of others places over the internet. ;)

It's a real shame cell9 stopped working on it, it's a lot worse that he kept it closed source... oh well, his work. Can't say I'm not grateful. Oh thanks again for the selector, I've tested it quite a bit now and the selection do-dad works pretty well, that boot time is crazy fast too.

Reactions: clank and Nanquitas

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's a real shame cell9 stopped working on it, it's a lot worse that he kept it closed source... oh well, his work. Can't say I'm not grateful. Oh thanks again for the selector, I've tested it quite a bit now and the selection do-dad works pretty well, that boot time is crazy fast too.

You know I understand why he is stopping it. Well he's not really stopping it as he will keep working on the Dev version, but it'll be shared only to a private circle.
Now the core functions doesn't really need an update as long as we can find the object that need to be patched on the firm file (the support of the firm11 was found and made by @Steveice10 actually), so the cfw is not really dead. Just there won't be any bugfixs, new features or so.

Yeah, I was tired of that boot time every time that my console crash because of a test I'm doing in a plugin and I like the screen-capture feature but not all the bugs that accompany it so I decided to work on that. :)

Reactions: chronoss

ishygdaft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know I understand why he is stopping it. Well he's not really stopping it as he will keep working on the Dev version, but it'll be shared only to a private circle.
Now the core functions doesn't really need an update as long as we can find the object that need to be patched on the firm file (the support of the firm11 was found and made by @Steveice10 actually), so the cfw is not really dead. Just there won't be any bugfixs, new features or so.

Yeah, I was tired of that boot time every time that my console crash because of a test I'm doing in a plugin and I like the screen-capture feature but not all the bugs that accompany it so I decided to work on that. :)

Good times... maybe we'll see leaks in the far future of these private versions :ph34r:
I know it's been said a thousand times but... imagine what that plugin could do if the source was release. I remember cell9 being really really against piracy, so my guess is he stopped because the CFW layer couldn't tell the difference between legal CIA games and "free" ones.

Last edited by ishygdaft,

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not sure of that...

My guess is that this private circle is essentially Chinese, so even if there's a link it'll be on a chinese forum and we probably won't have anything reported...
But who know !

Reactions: ishygdaft

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States

He deleted the source. So it kinda is completely dead. I'll miss the wireless screen capture thing... iirc, he said he was working on a 3dsx revival, So it's either a full fledged cfw or userland homebrew. I wonder....

ishygdaft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He deleted the source. So it kinda is completely dead. I'll miss the wireless screen capture thing... iirc, he said he was working on a 3dsx revival, So it's either a full fledged cfw or userland homebrew. I wonder....

If he could pull off some of that hardcore wizardry in userland it'd be super accessible, if he uses kernel to make a full CFW it'll have flashy features. Hell of a choice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...