Homebrew [RELEASE] Aroma Environment for Wii U

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
fdsf.png

This is a environment to be loaded with the EnvironmentLoader.

It's recommended to coldboot into EnvironmentLoader (and Aroma) via the PayloadLoader. Check the repository out for more information.

What is Aroma?

Read this blogpost for more information

Features

Aroma's tools, modules and plugins are modular, meaning that features can easily be added or removed.

A default Aroma instance comes with the following features:
  • Compatibility with the latest firmware (5.5.5/5.5.6).
  • Free and persistent entrypoint (including an installer + coldboot option)
  • Compatible with existing entrypoints (browser exploit)
  • Easy setup and update: Just copy the files to the SD card.
  • Built-in support for modules
  • Built-in integration of the Wii U Plugin System
  • All modules and plugins use a seperate memory heap to improve stability
  • Plugins and homebrew applications can be used at the same time.

These basic features can be easily extended by plugin. Common plugins are:
- homebrew_on_menu_plugin: Load homebrew directly from the Wii U Menu instead of using a dedicated homebrew launcher.
- ftpiiu_plugin: Run a FTP server in the background.
- wiiload_plugin: Wiiload support: Launch homebrew/plugin via the network at any time.
- drc_region_free_plugin: Pair game pads from different regions
- region_free_plugin: Launch games from different regions.
- screenhot_plugin: Take screenshots anywhere
Download

A bundle with the latest files can be downloaded here.

Usage

1. Extract the files to the root of your sd card
2. Launch the environment via the EnvironmentLoader. You may need to hold `X` while launching the EnvironmentLoader to force open the menu.

Open the Plugin Configuration Menu using L + Down + SELECT (-) on the GamePad or Pro Controller (or B + Down + Minus (-) for WiiMotes).

Last edited by Maschell,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me, question. Do I NEED a sd card once I set this up? I'm asking cause wii u SD card slot is not the greatest in the world.... So you know. In case that's just stops working on people... Options get limited if you know what I mean. :ninja:

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Excuse me, question. Do I NEED a sd card once I set this up? I'm asking cause wii u SD card slot is not the greatest in the world.... So you know. In case that's just stops working on people... Options get limited if you know what I mean. :ninja:
from the blog Maschell posted
Aroma will provide a plugin, which scans the .rpx and .wuhb files on your SD card and display them on your Wii U Menu.

Reactions: Alexander1970

tehtemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Aroma is here! Congrats Maschell!

This is important to note from Maschell's post:
Note 1:.elf homebrew are not and will never be supported by Aroma due to technical limitations. To continue using these homebrew apps, you need to launch into Tiramisu. Note 2: Not all .rpx files will be compatible out of the box. Make sure the application doesn’t launch it’s own exploits and implements the ProcUI loop properly. If you have trouble with this please join the Aroma Discord.

If you need to use .elf homebrew stick with Tiramisu for now.

Hopefully sign_c2w_patcher, which is currently written as .elf, can be converted to work with Aroma. Would be nice to have a wuhb that bundles sign_c2w_patcher with a forwarder for a vWii homebrew that supports c2w like Wii64 or WiiSXRX. I'm not sure how that would work, but I'm just throwing this idea out there!

Last edited by tehtemp,

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So I can run US games on Japanese Wii Us without issues now!? It's nice that gamepads of different regions can now be paired. Makes me wonder if I should get rid of the Japanese Wii U unit I have since I bought it for the gamepad.

If I use this, do I need to give up CBHC? I dislike the weird corruption of the logo that my tiramisu Japanese Wii U gets on boot-up. I also hate that it can't go to wii mode easily compared to my CBHC wii U.

Reactions: CoolMe

Marcus777

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Aroma is here! Congrats Maschell!

This is important to note from Maschell's post:

If you need to use .elf homebrew stick with Tiramisu for now.

Hopefully sign_c2w_patcher, which is currently written as .elf, can be converted to work with Aroma. Would be nice to have a wuhb that bundles sign_c2w_patcher with a forwarder for a vWii homebrew that supports c2w like Wii64 or WiiSXRX. I'm not sure how that would work, but I'm just throwing this idea out there!
Maybe a wups plugin would be the ideal for the c2w patcher thing, we just need to wait until someone ports it or we could just learn to code hehe

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The region free plugin caught my attention. I have a Japanese Wii U, and many games that are the US version will show up in Japanese. I wonder if that plugin can do something about changing it to English.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment