Homebrew [RELEASE] Aroma Environment for Wii U

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Aroma should be just as region free as Tiramisu. Nothing got deleted...
Any yea, I also think here's some missunderstanding between region free software support and region free DRC support.

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
Aroma should be just as region free as Tiramisu. Nothing got deleted...
Any yea, I also think here's some missunderstanding between region free software support and region free DRC support.
So there is no plugin? I hoped it would be a replacement for spiik.

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: Alexander1970

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Brawl345 Now I get you... Yea, Tiramisu and Aroma are region-free for installed content only (yes, the Wii U does region checks here) but for disc titles you'll need Spiik, no matter what CFW.

Reactions: Brawl345

sion_zaphod

Trophies
XP
Country
@Brawl345 Now I get you... Yea, Tiramisu and Aroma are region-free for installed content only (yes, the Wii U does region checks here) but for disc titles you'll need Spiik, no matter what CFW.
I'll try a Japanese game and report back. Last time I tried one with tiramisu it black screened unless I run spiik first (and yes the game was installed, not from disc).

sion_zaphod

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried wipeout 3 on my European WiiU and it crashes at the title screen. If I run Spiik first no crash. There needs to be a definition of the phrase 'region free' (does it play problematic games from other regions that normally require Spiik to get around manually language patching). Another game is problematic is NES Remix Pack (will not work on Eu console without laanguage hack or by running spiik first). Cannot try any Jp games until launchiine decides to work because they are all past the 300 title limit on my console sys menu.

Reactions: sfs76 and fvig2001

pimpmaul69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how do we access hbc since mii maker doesnt boot it like tiramisu does? Do we need to install it to an icon like cbhc?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
So how do we access hbc since mii maker doesnt boot it like tiramisu does? Do we need to install it to an icon like cbhc?
It will be no longer necessary,because,I think,Maschells´ Intention is with the awesome Plug In System of Aroma,to boot / start everything from the Wii U Menu.

By the Way:
There is actual no Homebrew like disc2app or WUP Installer GX working,better said,.elf Homebrew Files will NEVER work with Aroma.

Reactions: jeannotte

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is actual no Homebrew like disc2app or WUP Installer GX working,better said,.elf Homebrew Files will NEVER work with Aroma.
Half truth: Yes, .elf HBs will never be compatible but devs do their best to recreate old apps with compatibility (like NUSspli is a working WUP Installer replacement).

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would you have needless homebrew installed? surely you only install the homebrew you actually use

Well in addition to not wanting to get the nag every time I visit my Wii U menu that I'm over the title limit, I also do only install homebrew I actually use, but I'm telling you as much as I love the novelty of the likes of Angry Birds or Nyan Cat on my Wii U, like legit I love that such nonsense is within my Wii U, I don't want them to be populating my home menu in any way, even if I wasn't touching that 300 title limit. That doesn't mean I don't use the homebrew, it just means my home menu has standards in terms of what can show it's face and what has to be buried away (and folders don't cut this kind of burrying) lol.

Frankly, my reasoning shouldn't matter, I'm not here to defend what I have on my home menu or not, I was only trying to understand what the nature of Aroma is in regard to homebrew apps. And it sounds like homebrew doesn't have to populate the home menu in Aroma, which is great, but it also appears that the homebrew launcher wont work regardless in Aroma, and .elf homebrew will never work in Aroma. It's a lot of information to weight. As things stand now, I'm not seeing enough to justify the change from Tiramisu to Aroma. I'm sure that could change as more things get released for the Aroma environment, but thus far I'm not seeing anything on offer in Aroma that I can't achieve in one way or another in Tiramisu, without losing access to my homebrew channel or .elf apps. Of course I know with the environment loader, it's very easy to swap between environments, but for the sake of ease of use, keeping all games and apps accessible, and the lack of anything I need yet exclusive to Aroma, it doesn't even make much sense to be doing that for me at this point. Still I'll keep an eye on all of this, I can see how this all could quickly change in favor of Aroma with the right kind of developments.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So what's the issue?
The issue is people's irrational attachments to stuff online. (Yeah i know there's this thing that exist that would serve me the exact same way as the thing i need... But i just like the way the old thing looks/name) Remember when people refused to use anything other than Loadiine long after Loadiine became super outdated because they got emotionally attached to Loadiine? its the exact same thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1